This healthy Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables is perfectly seasoned with basil, garlic and balsamic and oven baked. It’s a delicious all in one meal that is ready in about 20 minutes.
It’s so easy to fall in love with any and all sheet pan dishes. There is something very appealing about just tossing any vegetable and meat you love in seasonings and roasting them to perfection!
This is a great example of some of my favorite vegetables roasted with chicken tossed with balsamic vinegar and basil. I chose asparagus, zucchini, red bell pepper and red onions for my batch this time.
But, that’s the glory of sheet pan meals, they are so versatile! Use whatever veggies you love or have on hand. The magic is in the seasoning.
To save even more time, you can cut up all your vegetables the night before with the marinade and then just bake when you get home.
If you have company coming and need something quick to make, this is a fabulous idea! Serve with rice, which you can cook while this is roasting.
I actually topped mine with a little feta cheese after cooking because anything with balsamic vinegar calls for feta cheese in my life.
How to Make Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
Season chicken with 1 tablespoon balsamic, ½ tablespoon oil, garlic, 2 teaspoons dried basil. Let marinade while you prepare the vegetables.
Place all the cut vegetables in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoon balsamic, 1 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil or olive oil, and 2 teaspoons of basil.
Spread vegetables out onto the baking sheet.
Place thee chicken on top of the vegetables and roast for about 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Try these other popular healthy chicken recipes too:
Mexican Chicken Zucchini Skillet
Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
- Coconut oil or olive oil spray
- 1 or 2 zucchini cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb bunch asparagus cut in half or in thirds
- 1 large red bell pepper cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1-inch pieces, layers separated
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons basil dry or fresh
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or breasts cut in half
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon balsamic, ½ tablespoon oil, garlic, 2 teaspoons dried basil. Let marinade while you prepare the vegetables.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoon balsamic, 1 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil or olive oil, and 2 teaspoons of basil.
- Spread vegetables out onto the baking sheet.
- Place thee chicken on top of the vegetables and roast for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
We have been into sheet pan meals, this one looks yummy.
Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Pinned & sharing.
April J Harris
What a lovely, wholesome, fresh and delicious recipe, Sherri! Love all the colourful veggies. Pinned and scheduled to tweet. Thank you for being a part of Hearth and Soul.
I love oven roasted veggies. Great complete meal by adding the chicken!! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
This is a great Sheet Pan Recipe! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
Gentle Joy Homemaker
What a colorful meal! Looks great. 🙂
Amanda @ The Kolb Corner
This sounds SO good! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!