These Thai Lettuce Wraps are healthy absolutely delicious blend of ground turkey, red peppers, red cabbage, ginger, garlic and hoisin or soy sauce. They are ready from start to eating in about 20 minutes!
Love Thai recipes as much as me? You will love these Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce and this Thai Shrimp Soup has been huge hits as well.
Table of contents
The Thai flavored ground turkey filling used in this recipe is bursting with amazing flavor. The red curry paste is responsible for most of that. But the ginger adds so much to this recipe.
I love using this ginger paste found in the fresh herbs section of the produce department. It’s ginger in a tube and it’s a big time saver to use instead of grating fresh ginger!
Drizzle a little hoisin or soy sauce on top if you desire even more flavor flare.It is such a light meal that you can make ahead and have your lettuce handy to fill up and devour for either lunch or dinner.
The meat mixture is also fantastic served over rice or quinoa as another meal option too!
Ingredients for Thai Lettuce Wraps
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
1 lb lean ground turkey or ground chicken (for a vegetarian option use chopped mushrooms would be fabulous)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup cabbage, chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated or 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
2 teaspoons of dried basil
4 green onions, chopped
Hoisin or soy sauce, optional
How to Make these Lettuce Wraps
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Add ground meat and cook about 5 minutes on medium-high heat until it begins to brown.
Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage and stir-fry for approximately 3-4 minutes.
Add ginger and basil.
Stir in green onions and toss.
Spoon into pieces of lettuce.
Alternatives to Using Ground Turkey
You could also use ground chicken, ground beef or even ground pork in this recipe if you prefer. The nutritional value will be very similar with ground chicken but will increase in calories and fat if using ground beef or pork.
What Kind of Lettuce is Works Best for Lettuce Wraps
Long leaf romaine lettuce works great for lettuce wraps. But you can also use Butter lettuce and iceberg lettuce for other sturdy alternatives to use.
Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or ground chicken for a vegetarian option use chopped mushrooms would be fabulous
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated or 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 green onions chopped
- Romaine lettuce
- Hoisin or soy sauce optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add ground meat and cook about 5 minutes on medium-high heat until it begins to brown.1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil, 1 lb lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage and stir-fry for approximately 3-4 minutes.4 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons red curry paste, 1 medium red bell pepper, 1 cup cabbage
- Add ginger and basil.1 tablespoon ginger, 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Stir in green onions and toss.4 green onions
- Spoon into pieces of lettuce.Romaine lettuce
- ENJOY!!Hoisin or soy sauce
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected