These Thai Lettuce Wraps are healthy, quick and, most importantly, absolutely delicious! Plus you can have them ready from start to eating in about 20 minutes!
I know I have mentioned more than once in the past couple of months my newfound love of Thai food. I can’t help wanting to find more and more recipes to try. The Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Thai Shrimp Soup have been huge hits so I’m going to continue on finding more Thai yum to make us.
This Thai flavored filling to use in lettuce wraps will knock your socks off. It is bursting with amazing flavor. The red curry paste is responsible for most of that. But the ginger adds so much to this recipe.
That reminds me! I have to tell about a new product I found. Have you ever seen ginger paste? I found it in the fresh herbs section of the produce department. It’s ginger in a tube and it’s a big time saver to use instead of grating fresh ginger!
Drizzle a little hoisin or soy sauce on top if you desire even more flavor flare.It is such a light meal that you can make ahead and have your lettuce handy to fill up and devour for either lunch or dinner.
Oh oh oh, the meat mixture is fantastic served over rice or quinoa as another meal option too!
Ingredients for Thai Lettuce Wraps
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
1 lb lean ground turkey or ground chicken (for a vegetarian option use chopped mushrooms would be fabulous)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup cabbage, chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated or 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
2 teaspoons of dried basil
4 green onions, chopped
Hoisin or soy sauce, optional
How to Make Lettuce Wraps
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Add ground meat and cook about 5 minutes on medium-high heat until it begins to brown.
Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage and stir-fry for approximately 3-4 minutes.
Add ginger and basil.
Stir in green onions and toss.
Spoon into pieces of lettuce.
Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or ground chicken for a vegetarian option use chopped mushrooms would be fabulous
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger grated or 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 4 green onions chopped
- Romaine lettuce
- Hoisin or soy sauce optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add ground meat and cook about 5 minutes on medium-high heat until it begins to brown.
- Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage and stir-fry for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger and basil.
- Stir in green onions and toss.
- Spoon into pieces of lettuce.