Indulge in the flavors of traditional pad thai made healthier and low carb with spaghetti squash as the base and a spectacular peanut sauce. This easy recipe is packed with flavor, making it a delicious and nutritious lunch or dinner. This Pad Thai Spaghetti Squash is sure to become a favorite.
Spaghetti squash is such a versatile vegetable and a great alternative to pasta since it has much lower carbs and calories. I often make this Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash and this Chicken Spinach Mushroom Spaghetti Squash.
I actually bought this spaghetti squash to make this Baked Margarita Spaghetti Squash but since I’ve been an obsessed Thai loving girl lately, I decided to go with that instead.
This Thai inspired recipe is just another simple side (or even low carb meal) that is so easy to whip up. Just bake the spaghetti squash for about 40 minutes. While it’s cooking saute the red bell peppers and mix the sauce. Then combine the squash noodles and sauce with the peppers. Voila! It’s a great meal prep idea too!
For a vegan option, substitute a tiny bit of stevia or sugar in place of the honey.
I did only use about ¾ of the sauce. I added about ½ the batch I made and then added a little more from there.
I had this along with these easy grilled chicken tenders for an out of this world delicious dinner!
One whole Spaghetti squash
Red bell pepper, sliced thinly lengthwise
Chives, finely chopped
For the sauce:
Garlic cloves, minced
Soy sauce (or Tamari if gluten-free)
Sriracha sauce (optional)
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice the squash half and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
While the squash is baking, saute red bell pepper in a teaspoon or so of coconut oil or olive oil until just tender.
While squash is cooling, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, honey, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
Cool squash to touch and then scrape the “noodles” out with a fork.
Place the “noodles” into the pan with the cooked peppers.
Add about ½ the sauce to start and continue adding to taste, stirring to combine.
Pad Thai Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin lengthwise
- ¼ cup chives finely chopped
- For the sauce:
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari if gluten free
- ½ tablespoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon siracha sauce if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Slice the squash half and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until squash is tender.
- While squash is baking, saute red bell pepper in a teaspoon or so of coconut oil or olive oil until just tender.
- While squash is cooling, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, honey, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- Cool squash to touch and then scrape the “noodles” out with a fork.
- Place the “noodles” into the pan with the cooked peppers.
- Add about ½ the sauce to start and continue adding to taste, stirring to combine.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected