This Zucchini Casserole is loaded with fresh zucchini, summer squash and tomatoes then sprinkled with a light crunchy topping. It’s a fabulous, healthy side dish that is so easy to make!
Having a low-carb, healthy side dish like this is the perfect addition to this amazing grilled Italian chicken or your favorite fish and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.
When I say this is easy, I mean really easy. All you have to do is slice and layer zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and onions in a casserole dish, sprinkle with the light seasoned crunchy topping, then bake in the oven.
It’s a wonderful way to get a rainbow of fresh vegetables into your meal. I have also made it with thinly sliced potatoes as well but that does up the carbs more.
This is one of those casseroles that doesn’t freeze well in my opinion. Zucchini has a tendency to hold water so freezing it may make it turn out mushier.
Also, if you prefer your vegetables more al dente, just reduce the cooking time and cook for only 15-20 minutes.
How to Make this Zucchini Casserole
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Grease the bottom of a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with the coconut or olive oil.
Place the sliced onion on the bottom of the dish.
Layer the zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato in 3 rows.
In a separate bowl, combine in other ingredients.
Sprinkle the panko mixture over top of the veggies.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Try these other healthy side dishes too:
Raosted Beet Salad
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 3 Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Yellow squash, sliced
- 2 Zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of Ms Dash seasoning or thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease the bottom of a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with the coconut or olive oil.
- Place the sliced onion on the bottom of the dish.
- Layer the zucchini, yellow squash and tomato in 3 rows.
- In a separate bowl, combine in other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the panko mixture over top of the veggies.
- Bake for 30 minutes.