Baked Zucchini Cakes are a much healthier option to fried with the same crispiness. They are so quick to make and loaded with flavor from basil, garlic, onion and Parmesan cheese!
They make a fantastic side dish or they are so amazing for lunch by themselves with a little plain Greek yogurt or this cucumber dill sauce on top too.
I made these baked zucchini cakes to take to our Super Bowl Party at the request of my neighbor. She loves them and I love her so I made them just for her.
I saw a recipe in a magazine several months ago for zucchini cakes but I can’t remember which one. I tried my best to create what I could come up with from memory and absolutely love how they turned out!
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Cakes
makes 9 cakes
Garlic cloves, minced
Panko bread crumbs or bread crumbs (I used Gluten-Free)
Salt and pepper to taste
Spray coconut oil or other spray oil
How to Make Baked Zucchini Cakes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Grate zucchini and squeeze to remove water.
Combine all ingredients
Spray a baking sheet with oil.
Form mixture into equal-sized patties
Bake for 15 minutes
Turn and bake for an additional 15 minutes until crispy, golden brown.
Baked Zucchini Cakes
- 2 small zucchini grated
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp of basil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs or bread crumbs I used Gluten Free
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray coconut oil or other spray oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Grate zucchini and squeeze to remove water.
- Combine all ingredients
- Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Form mixture into equal sized patties
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Turn and bake for an additional 15 minutes until crispy, golden brown.