This easy White Bean Dip is a wonderful, healthy appetizer that is quick to make and perfect to dip your favorite fresh vegetables and / or crackers. Seasoned with garlic and rosemary and it blended for the perfect creamy texture.
During the summer, I love having simple little dips made to eat for a healthy lunch or snack. I think this White Bean Dip may even top my favorite roasted red pepper hummus (if that is possible). I just grab a handful of crackers and carrots and am completely satisfied.
My new favorite cracker right now is Trader Joe’s Quinoa and Black Bean tortilla chips. So yum! And awesome with this dip! This is a great vegan and gluten free appetizer too if needed!
Pro tip: sautéing the onion and garlic before blending everything together really gives this dip an incredible flavor. I love the extra creamy texture!
Ingredients Needed for White Bean Dip
2 cans of northern white beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed or 3 cups of dry, cooked beans
1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small white onion, chopped
⅓ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
How to Make White Bean Dip
Heat oil over medium heat in a sauce pan
Add garlic and onions and saute on medium until tender.
In a food processor, combine beans, onion and garlic mixture and spices
Puree on high until blended smooth.
Gradually add in the olive oil.
Continue to puree on high until smooth.
Serve hot or cold with veggies, pita chips or crackers.
Want a few more delicious dip recipes to try?
White Bean Dip
- 3 cups cans of northern white beans or cannellini beans drained and rinsed or 3 cups of dry, cooked beans
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saute pan.
- Add garlic and onions and saute on medium until tender.
- In a food processor, combine beans, onion and garlic mixture and spices
- Puree on high until blended smooth.
- Gradually add in the olive oil.
- Continue to puree on high until smooth.
- Serve hot or cold with veggies and/or crackers.