Make this crispy and delicious Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in just minutes. These asparagus bundles make a wonderful low carb side dish for any meal or even a party appetizer. All you need is asparagus, bacon strips, garlic powder, and pepper.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more yummy recipes sent weekly!)
Table of contents
Easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
Air fryer asparagus is so simple to throw together and is an easy recipe that will quickly become a family favorite. Also see how to make air fryer vegetables for another amazing, healthy side dish to pair with your meals.
As the piece of bacon cooks it is going to release the juices on the asparagus stalks and give your vegetable a rich flavor. This truly is an easy side dish and perfect for any bacon lover.
Asparagus – Reach for fresh asparagus stalks that are prepped for this recipe. I used two bunches.
Bacon – I do recommend using a thinner bacon. Thick cut bacon can take too long to cook. You want the bacon to cook but also it to result in tender asparagus.
Black Pepper and Garlic Powder – A little garlic powder is going to add a hint of more flavor to the veggies. Then I used black pepper to taste once the asparagus was done.
1. Use turkey bacon or prosciutto if you’d like. You will cook it the same way you would with bacon.
2. If the bacon is too long just use a half slice of bacon to not add too much bacon to your asparagus.
3. Season the asparagus as you would like. Onion powder, paprika or rosemary are also delicious.
4. Add a little sprinkle of brown sugar or brush with a little maple syrup on each bundle.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese after cooking.
6. Make them spicy by sprinkling a little cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes over the bacon.
How to Make this Asparagus Recipe
Step 1 – Start by rimming off the woody ends of the asparagus spears. I like thick asparagus spears vs a thin asparagus as it can overcook in the air fryer.
Step 2 – Group 3-4 spears together and wrap the raw bacon around the bunch of asparagus. Leave both ends exposed and place the bacon slice face down.
Step 3 – Place bundles in the air fryer basket or tray, and season with garlic and pepper. Then air fryer at 375° F for 12-14 minutes. Cooking time may vary with different air fryers. I like to start checking at 10 minutes.
Step 4 – Halfway through air frying, flip the spears to ensure all sides are done. Look to ensure that most crispy bacon pieces are being shown all around each bundle.
- Make sure to place your bundles in a single layer in the air fryer. That way the heat circulates fully around the bundles and you get an even cook.
- This is a low carb side dish recipe, feel free to make a double batch and then refrigerate leftovers for snacking later in the week.
- For thicker stalks you will need to adjust the cook time. The asparagus stalks need to be tender, that is when you know they are done.
- You can cook these in the Ninja Foodi, just use the crisping lid. Follow the same instructions from this air fryer recipe.
- Add a layer of parchment paper under the bundles. It creates easy steps for cleaning up any drippings.
- You can use a salty bacon or smoky bacon with some sweetness to alter the flavor of your bacon-wrapped asparagus recipe.
If you do not eat all your wrapped veggies then place in an airtight container and refrigerate the leftovers for up to 3 days in the fridge. You can eat leftovers cold or reheat them if you would like.
To reheat you can place on a baking sheet and heat in the oven at 300 degrees until warmed through. Or toss back in the air fryer and cook for just 3-4 minutes until the bacon and asparagus are warmed through.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 30-40 spears asparagus 2 bunches
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Trim about an inch off the end of each asparagus spear so they are the same length.
- Group 3 or 4 spears together and wrap each group in one slice of raw bacon around the center or the group. Leave both ends exposed.
- Place the wrapped spears in the air fryer basket and season with garlic and pepper. Use air fryer parchment paper liner if easy cleanup.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F and cook for 12-15 minutes. Times may vary depending on the air fryer and desired crispiness the bacon. Start checking at 10 minutes and shake the air fryer basket if desired.
- Remove the asparagus from the air fryer and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected