Asparagus Bacon and Egg Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette is a fresh, light alternative to a traditional salad. Serve it alongside your favorite grilled meat.
When I look back at my posts this summer there is one thing that kind of stands out to me. I have been on a salad roll! There has been Beet Salad, Cucumber Salad, Succotash Salad. This Asparagus Salad is going to make it on the list too!!
Asparagus Salad with Bacon and Egg
I decided to change up one of my favorite veggies this week and make something totally different….an asparagus salad with hard boiled egg and some yummy bacon! Then simply mixed up a dijon vinaigrette to drizzle over the top.
I have been using chicken bacon lately and think it is a great substitution. It fits into my daily macro count a little better with less fat.
I have a newfound love of dijon mustard. It has never been my go-to for some reason. I’ve always been a yellow mustard kind of gal. But this Summer I have fallen hard! Making a vinaigrette is super easy and goes perfection with this salad.
Ingredient for Asparagus Salad
1 bunch of asparagus, stalks cut into thirds
1 hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Asparagus Salad
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes (until tender but firm.)
Drain and immediately rinse with cold water to any further cooking.
In a small bowl, mix the Dijon, oil and vinegar.
Place the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Try these other popular asparagus recipes too:
Asparagus Bacon and Egg Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch asparagus stalks cut into thirds
- 1 hard boiled egg peeled and sliced
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes (until tender but firm.)
- Drain and immediately rinse with cold water to any further cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix the Dijon, oil and vinegar.
- Place the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and drizzle with the vinaigrette.