This fresh Creamy Cucumber Salad is made with crisp cucumbers, red onions, and dill and then perfectly seasoned with a light sauce. It’s a great healthy side dish for a cookout or dinner.
I made this cucumber salad recipe to have at a family barbecue at my brother’s house while in NC. My mother had made this Succotash Salad to go along the ultra popular, Italian Grilled Chicken and this cucumber salad was another perfect addition too.
When it’s hot out, salad are such a great addition to meals. This is also a great way to use up the abundance of cucumbers you may have growing in your garden too!
This recipe is so easy to toss together for a crunchy low-carb side dish for any picnic or your own summer dinner. (I use my little mandolin slicer for extra quick slicing.)
I like to use Greek yogurt in my cucumber salad instead of sour cream, mayo or ranch dressing versions that you may see as well.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Ingredients
English cucumbers, sliced
Red onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing
Nonfat plain yogurt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad
Combine sliced cucumbers and onions in a serving bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, garlic, dill, lemon juice, and pepper together until combined well.
Add more yogurt if it’s too thin and more olive oil if it’s too thin.
Drizzle salad dressing over cucumbers and onions and toss to coat.
This salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Try these other popular salad recipes too:
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice of one lemon or 2 TBSP of lemon juice
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine sliced cucumbers and onions in a serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, garlic, dill, lemon juice, and pepper together until combined well.
- Add more yogurt if it's too thin and more olive oil if it's too thin.
- Drizzle salad dressing over cucumbers and onions and toss to coat.