Succotash Salad is the perfect healthy Summer salad loaded with fresh corn, beans, tomatoes and lightly seasoned with lemon juice, basil and feta cheese. A must for any barbecue or family gathering!
Fresh, light and absolutely delicious doesn’t come close to describing how good this succotash salad is. If you can get your hands on some sweet corn? Oh ya! That is the winner!
I owe this recipe to my mother who is visiting with us from NC for 10 days. She made it while I was down there recently and it was such a hit that it was one of the first things I requested her make. And then I, of course, get to share it with you. I love having little recipe helpers who contribute on To Simply Inspire!
It is super simple to whip up too. Besides quickly sautéing the onion, all you have to do is combine the ingredients and it’s ready to go.
I have to share something funny. My husband has recently become very interested in photography. He bought his own camera and has been studying and learning a ton. He has been mostly taking nature shots and they are actually really great. Well, guess who wanted to get in on taking some pics of my recipes when he saw me getting ready to take these shots? I think he did a great job so I am letting him have the spotlight today. He took this featured picture!
Succotash Salad Ingredients
Coconut oil or butter
Sweet onion, chopped
Frozen or fresh beans (edamame, lima, fava), cooked al dente
Fresh or frozen sweet corn
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Succotash Salad
In a medium saucepan, heat oil or butter over medium heat.
Add the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes until translucent.
Lower the heat to medium low and add the beans and corn and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until just al dente (not soft)
Transfer to a large serving bowl and add the tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Sprinkle the basil and feta cheese on top.
Try these other popular salad recipes too:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter
- 1 large large sweet onion chopped
- 2 cups of frozen or fresh beans edamame, lima, fava, cooked al dente
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add the beans and corn and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until just al dente (not soft)
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and add the tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the basil and feta cheese on top.