These Bailey’s pudding shots are a delicious and easy dessert drink that are perfect for parties or a special occasion. Made with simple ingredients, these shots are topped with a whipped cream, and a Lucky Charm marshmallow! Boozy shots are so fun for elevating your next party to a whole new level.
In the Fall, I made these pumpkin pudding shots and, boy, they were a hit! So why not have some more fun with these green pudding shots for any holiday season, especially St. Patty’s Day or Christmas !
Table of contents
Bailey’s Shots with Pudding
These boozy pudding shots are made with just a few minutes of prep with vanilla instant pudding mix, cold milk, and Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur! Pour in shot glasses or plastic shot cups and get your party started with this simple recipe.
Vanilla Pudding – Instant vanilla pudding is what you will need for these pudding shots.
Cold Milk – I love using whole milk for a rich and creamy flavor to your pudding shot. Feel free to use 2% if desired as well.
Bailey’s – The Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur is going to be the booze in these shots of course.
Whipped Cream – You can use homemade whipped topping or whipped topping.
Food coloring -You will use some food coloring if you want to create the perfect light green shot.
Lucky Charms Marshmallows – completely optional but so fun! swap with any favorite candies!
Here are ways to change up this delicious shots recipe for you to try out. This creamy pudding shots is versatile in how you whip up them.
1. Substitute the instant vanilla pudding mix with a box of chocolate pudding mix to make chocolate Bailey’s Pudding Shots.
2. Use different types of liqueur, such as Kahlua, Godiva chocolate liqueur, or Chambord, instead of Bailey’s to create different flavors. Just use the same alcohol content in the original recipe.
3. Want a dairy free recipe? Use ¾ cup of almond milk, coconut milk, etc. for the perfect addition in swap of the dairy milk.
4. Add crushed Lucky Charms marshmallows, cookies, like Oreos or graham crackers, into the pudding mixture for added texture and flavor. (I like to pulse them in a food processor to get them really fine)
5. Top the shots with chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, caramel sauce for a decadent touch.
6. Use mini marshmallows that are plain if you don’t want a St. Patrick’s Day vibe.
7. Make a non-alcoholic version of the pudding shots by substituting the Bailey’s with Irish cream-flavored coffee creamer.
8. Try adding different extracts, like peppermint or almond, for a unique twist on the classic recipe.
9. Add ½ cup whipped cream vodka or vanilla vodka (you may need to add cool whip if you add this)
10. Add a teaspoon of instant coffee to the pudding mixture to give it an Irish coffee pudding shots.
11. Add whipped topping in the mixture to thicken if desired.
How to Make this Pudding Shot Recipe
Step 1 – Add the pudding, milk and Bailey’s in a large bowl. Whisk well for 2 minutes until the pudding is thickened. (you can also use an electric mixer)
Step 2 – Add in food coloring and mix well.
Step 3 – Fill the plastic shot glasses with the pudding, cover with plastic wrap and then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Step 4 – Garnish with whipped cream and a Lucky Charm marshmallow or rainbow candies and serve.
- Use an electric mixer or stand mixer to whip the box of vanilla pudding and ingredients in a mixing bowl. This will make the process faster and ensure you have a smooth pudding that doesn’t have lumps.
- When filling the shot glasses or plastic cups, use a spoon or piping bag to avoid making a mess. It’s also helpful to chill the cups in the refrigerator for a few minutes before filling them to help prevent spills.
- Allow the pudding shots to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours, or until they are fully set. This will ensure that they have the right texture and consistency for best results when you serve up.
- When serving the pudding shots, you can add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder or shaved chocolate to make them look more festive if you don’t want to add mini marshmallows.
- Ensure you store these Baileys vanilla pudding shots in an airtight container in the fridge, to ensure it doesn’t take on flavors from the fridge
Pudding shots should be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. It is best to store the without any additional toppings and add those just before serving.
Freeze pudding shots for up to 2-3 months without any whipped cream or additional toppings. Using the plastic shot cups with lids is best for freezing.
Bailey’s Pudding Shots
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding 3.4 ounce
- 1 cup cold milk
- ½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- Whipped Cream
- Green food coloring
- marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal or rainbow candies optional garnish
- In a large bowl, add the pudding powder, milk and Bailey's Irish Cream1 box vanilla instant pudding, 1 cup cold milk, ½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- Whisk for approximately 2 minutes until thick. (or use an electric mixer)
- Next, add green food coloring if usingGreen food coloring
- Fill shot glasses with the pudding mixture and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hour until ready to serve
- When serving, they are fun to top with whipped cream and garnish with Lucky Charms marshmallows or rainbow candies.Whipped Cream
- If not using Irish Cream, then increase milk to use 1 ½ cups milk.
- Substitute the instant vanilla pudding mix with a box of chocolate pudding mix to make chocolate Bailey’s Pudding Shots.
- Use different types of liqueur, such as Kahlua, Godiva chocolate liqueur, or Chambord, instead of Bailey’s to create different flavors. Just use the same alcohol content in the original recipe.
- Use almond milk, coconut milk, etc. for the perfect addition in swap of the dairy milk.
- Add crushed Lucky Charms marshmallows, cookies, like Oreos or graham crackers, to the pudding mixture for added texture and flavor. (i like to pulse them in a food processor to get them fine)
- Top the shots with chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, caramel sauce for a decadent touch.
- Make a non-alcoholic version of the pudding shots by substituting the Bailey’s with Irish cream-flavored coffee creamer.
- Try adding different extracts, like peppermint or almond, for a unique twist on the classic recipe.
- Add ½ cup whipped cream or vanilla cream vodka (you may need to add cool whip if you add this)
- Add a teaspoon of instant coffee to the pudding mixture to give it a Irish coffee pudding shots.
- Add whipped topping in the mixture to thicken if desired.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected