This Chicken Lazone is a quick and easy 20 minute recipe simply made with sautéd chicken tenders in a creamy sauce featuring garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. Added mushrooms make it even that more scrumptious!
Have you ever heard of Chicken Lazone? I certainly had not. It is originally from the restaurant in New Orleans called “Brennan’s”. It is so simple but a incredibly delicious meal that turns plain chicken into something special!
It requires such simple ingredients that you would never think to would create the flavor it does. It’s a creamy chicken dinner that my whole family is thrilled over when they see this on the menu for the week..
I changed things up a little bit. The recipe called for heavy cream and I really didn’t want to use that myself. So I simply used 2 cups of fat free milk and 2 tablespoons of corn starch to thicken the sauce. It worked just a good! You could even add a dish of white wine if you’d like.
2 lb chicken tenders
8 oz of white mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup butter or coconut oil
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons of corn starch or flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Lazone
In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
Combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken tenders.
In large saute pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken tenders for about 4 minutes on each side until no longer pink in the middle
Mix the corn starch (or flour) with cold milk in a bowl.
Pour the milk mixture into the skillet.
Add the mushrooms and onions.
Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
Serve over pasta, quinoa or a bed of rice.
Use dhicken thighs or skinless chicken breasts if desired.
Leave out the mushrooms if preferred.
Substitute butter for ¼ cup coconut oil.
Use different types of pasta, like bow-tie pasta, angel hair pasta,
Use 2 cups of heavy cream instead of milk and corn starch mixture.
Add a vegetable like spinach, broccoli or asparagus.
Try these other chicken recipes too:
Chicken Lazone with Mushrooms
- 2 lb chicken tenders
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch or flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in olive oil until tender
- Combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken tenders.
- In large saute pan, melt ¼ cup of butter over medium high heat. Cook the chicken tenders for about 8 minutes or until done.
- Mix the corn starch or flour with cold milk in a bowl.
- Pour the milk mixture into the skillet.
- Lower heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve pasta, rice or quinoa.
Inspired by Food.com