This Curry Chicken and Chickpeas is wonderfully scrumptious and so simple to prepare. Serve this restaurant quality dish over rice and it will be raved over for days.
I love chickpeas, especially roasted and in salads. And let’s not forget hummus. But they are also a fabulous addition to soups and stews. They are a fantastic source of protein and fiber. To save a ton of money, I like to cook dry chickpeas and freeze them.
I made this Curry Chicken and Chickpeas to have for lunch for a few days and it only made it to two meals because both my husband and I chose to eat it for lunch and dinner on the same day.
You can also serve it over Coconut Rice for an even heartier meal.
We served it over rice and, oh my, THAT good! If you don’t think you are a fan of curry, this recipe may well change your mind.
How to Make Curry Chicken and Chickpeas
Heat oil in a large pot.
Add the chicken and onion and cook over medium heat until almost fully cooked and onion is soft.
Add the curry paste, ginger, coconut milk, and 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil and then add the additional cup of water.
Bring to a boil again and add the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
Simmer for 20 minutes and then add the spinach.
Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Curry Chicken and Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 14 ounces chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add the chicken and onion and cook over medium heat until almost fully cooked and onion is soft.
- Add the curry paste, ginger, coconut milk, and 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then add the additional cup of water.
- Bring to a boil again and add the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and then add the spinach.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected