This Curry Chicken and Chickpeas is wonderfully scrumptious and so simple to prepare. Serve this restaurant quality dish over rice and it will be raved over for days.
I love chickpeas, especially roasted and in salads. And let’s not forget hummus. But they are also a fabulous addition to soups and stews. They are a fantastic source of protein and fiber. To save a ton of money, I like to cook dry chickpeas and freeze them.
Over the weekend, I had a miserable cold. It was pretty much a couch, blankets, tissues, hand gel few days. Are you picturing the ugliness? Luckily, it has been a long time since I have been sick but it had me wanting nothing but comfort food.
I made this Curry Chicken and Chickpeas to have for lunch for a few days and it only made it to two meals because both my husband and I chose to eat it for lunch and dinner on the same day.
It was THAT good. I’m talking restaurant quality good. I absolutely love it when that happens with a recipe. Now it looks like batch number 2 will be whipped up tomorrow since we just didn’t get our feel of it. I get so happy when my husband truly loves a new recipe like he did this one.
You can also serve it over Coconut Rice for an even heartier meal.
This creamy crockpot chicken and rice casserole actually got made again too. I surrounded myself with as much comfort as possible.
We served it over rice and, oh my, THAT good! If you don’t think you are a fan of curry, this recipe may well change your mind.
How to Make Curry Chicken and Chickpeas
Heat oil in a large pot.
Add the chicken and onion and cook over medium heat until almost fully cooked and onion is soft.
Add the curry paste, ginger, coconut milk, and 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil and then add the additional cup of water.
Bring to a boil again and add the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
Simmer for 20 minutes and then add the spinach.
Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Curry Chicken and Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 14 ounces chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add the chicken and onion and cook over medium heat until almost fully cooked and onion is soft.
- Add the curry paste, ginger, coconut milk, and 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then add the additional cup of water.
- Bring to a boil again and add the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and then add the spinach.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.