This Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole is a simple, healthy, meatless, one pot meal. Top with any of your favorite toppings such as cilantro, avocado, etc.
There has been a big Mexican food craving going on for me lately. Literally have had many varieties several times a week and this is a great alternative to my favorite rice bowl.
I have also been keeping frozen cauliflower rice on hand for an added healthy veggie idea. So when I came across this recipe, I had to give it a try.
I used to Pomi boxed tomatoes because they seem to mask the “cauliflower” flavor a little better for those with pickier tastebuds in my house.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole in a stainless steel pot
I love one-pot meals like this too! Using a stainless steel dutch oven or cast iron dutch oven, simply sauté the onion, garlic and red bell pepper on the . Then add in the other ingredients and top with cheese. Then bake for 30 minutes.
You can even add some more of your favorite toppings too. Cilantro, onion, avocado, black olives. I even added a few crumbled up corn chips to my bowl!
It’s a perfect low carb meal if you are looking for something new to add to your weekly menu.
Note: You can eliminate the cheese and/or use 3 egg whites as well if you would like fewer calories. Also, feel free to use a tablespoon of taco seasoning in lieu of the cumin and chili powder alone.
How to Make Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Heat the olive oil in a deep oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat and saute the garlic, onion, and bell pepper and until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, and cauliflower rice.
Stir to combine well.
Bring to a slow boil, then cover and lower the heat for about 8 to 10 minutes.
Once all the veggies are tender, add in the beaten eggs.
Stir well to make sure the eggs are well incorporated throughout the vegetables.
Top with cheese
Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes at 350ºF.
Try these other Mexican recipes too:
Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 26.5 oz box chopped tomatoes
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 pound cauliflower rice
- 1 cup of light shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat and saute the garlic, onion, and bell pepper and until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, tomatoes and cauliflower rice.
- Stir to combine well.
- Bring to a slow boil, then cover and lower the heat for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once all the veggies are tender, add in the beaten eggs.
- Stir well to make sure the eggs are well incorporated throughout the vegetables.
- Top with cheese
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes at 350ºF.
Adapted from Detoxinista