These fantastic low carb Portobello Mushroom Pizzas will leave you drooling. Add any other of your favorite toppings!
In May, I discovered how much I love roasting portobello mushrooms the in oven and making an awesome Roasted Portobello Sandwich. Over the Summer my husband and I fell in love with grilling portobello mushrooms to go along with turkey burgers too.
Last week, our local morning news featured someone make a Portobello Mushroom Pizza recipe and it looked so easy to make I knew I had to try it!
Just simply brush your favorite Italian dressing on each mushroom, place a slice of tomato inside, top with a little mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with a little oregano. Then, pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
I had one for lunch for 4 days straight! I had made a batch of Italian Grilled Chicken and these were the perfect compliment for a great healthy meal.
You could also cut them into triangles and serve as a great appetizer at your next get-together.
Ingredients Needed for Pizza Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
Italian dressing (pick your favorite)
Mozzarella cheese (shredded or slices)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place the mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet
Brush on 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing on each mushroom
Place 1 or 2 tomato slices on each mushroom
Top with cheese
Sprinkle with a little oregano
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes
Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- 4 portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 4 tablespoons light Italian dressing pick any light favorite brand
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup light Mozzarella cheese shredded or slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet
- Brush on 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing on each mushroom.
- Place 1 or 2 tomato slices on each mushroom
- Top with cheese.
- Sprinkle with a little oregano
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.