These fantastic low carb Portobello Mushroom Pizzas will leave you drooling. Add any other of your favorite toppings!
In May, I discovered how much I love roasting portobello mushrooms the in oven and making an awesome Roasted Portobello Sandwich. Over the Summer my husband and I fell in love with grilling portobello mushrooms to go along with turkey burgers (or our new fav, bison burgers). Holy yumminess!
Last week, I saw this recipe on our local morning news. Portobello Mushroom Pizzas! They are so easy to make and absolutely delicious.
I had one for lunch for 4 days straight! I had made a batch of Italian Grilled Chicken and these were the perfect compliment for a great healthy meal.
Just simply brush your favorite Italian dressing on each mushroom, place a slice of tomato inside, top with a little mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with a little oregano. Then, pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
You could also cut them into triangles and serve as a great appetizer at your next get-together.
4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
4 tablespoons of Italian dressing (pick your favorite)
1 tomato, sliced
Mozzarella cheese (shredded or slices)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place the mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet
Brush on 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing on each mushroom
Place 1 or 2 tomato slices on each mushroom
Top with cheese
Sprinkle with a little oregano
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes
Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- 4 portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 4 tablespoons light Italian dressing pick any light favorite brand
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup light Mozzarella cheese shredded or slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the mushrooms, stem side up, on a baking sheet
- Brush on 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing on each mushroom.
- Place 1 or 2 tomato slices on each mushroom
- Top with cheese.
- Sprinkle with a little oregano
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.