These Sweet Potato Meatballs are a unique blend of ingredients for a new twist on a favorite meal idea.
Sweet Potato Meatballs
I dreamed up these little sweet potato meatballs while eating one of my go-to meals of ground turkey mixed in sweet potatoes with coconut oil and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top. (no judging, it’s so yummy I promise!)
These little babies are a protein + carb packed little meal that are a great meal prep option. The added flavor of thyme and ginger are exceptional!
Just mix all the ingredients, form into meatballs and bake for about 20 minutes. We served ours with roasted vegetables for a simple dinner or lunch.
If you are a meatballs lover like me, try these other wonderful meatball recipes too.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Meatballs
1 lbs ground bison or beef (or even ground turkey)
1 cup of sweet potato, cooked and peeled
⅓ cup coconut flour
½ cup yellow onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
How to Make Sweet Potato Meatballs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
Form into approx. 2 inch balls.
Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes (or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees), flipping once.
Sweet Potato Meatballs (Paleo Gluten Free)
- 1 lbs ground bison or beef or even ground turkey
- 1 cup of sweet potato cooked and peeled
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup yellow onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Form into approx. 2 inch balls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes (or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees), flipping once.