This easy Blueberry fluff is a simple recipe that combines instant vanilla pudding, whipped topping, marshmallows, blueberry pie filling, and pineapple into a cold, creamy no bake dessert salad that everyone will want more of!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more yummy recipes sent weekly!)
Table of contents
Best Blueberry Fluff Salad
It’s no wonder why they also call this creamy, fluffy, and sweet dessert a blueberry fluff salad. There’s not a vegetable in sight! It’s a heavenly dessert, full of cloud-like fluff!
This blueberry salad is quick to make in minutes using instant pudding mix, juicy blueberries with a few other simple ingredients.
It’s a classic easy dessert and a favorite for potlucks, bbq’s and holiday dinners. And because it doesn’t require any baking it’s perfect for a hot summer day! Use it as a side dish or dessert, or even a dip with graham crackers or vanilla wafers, and enjoy chunks of fruit, sweet cream, and juicy berries in every bite.
- Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix: This is a box of powder packages, not the pudding cups. You’ll need just 1 box.
- Milk: When mixed with cold mix the instant pudding powder turns into a rich creamy pudding. Use whatever milk you like, but the higher the fat, the creamier your pudding will be.
- Whipped Topping, Thawed: Cool whip is generally what I use for the fluffy texture and it comes frozen. In order for it to cream and blend nicely, it needs to be thawed first. You can also make your own homemade stabilized whipped cream.
- Blueberry Pie Filling: A quick and easy way to add loads of sweet blueberry flavor with a built-in thick sauce that when incorporated with the whipped topping, turns a fabulous purple color!
- Crushed Pineapple, Drained: For sweetness, flavor, and texture. Gives it a bit of a tropical vibe!
- Mini Marshmallows: A staple addition in fluff salads. They add pillowy textures in every bite.
- Coconut Flakes: Coconut is a flavor that goes with all kinds of fruit, blueberries, and pineapple included.
- Fresh Blueberries: Optional for the topping!
1. Use a different pudding mix. Cheesecake instant pudding or white chocolate instant pudding would be great choices.
2. For crunch. Toss in some sliced almonds, chopped pecans, or walnuts.
3. Fresh fruit. Instead of crushed canned pineapple, feel free to dice up some fresh sweet pineapple chunks and use that instead. You can also add in some fresh strawberries, blackberries, peaches or bananas instead of or along with the pineapple.
4. Garnish. Along with fresh berries and maybe a few extra marshmallows, you can fluff with crumbled graham crackers or vanilla wafers for a little extra crunch when you are ready to serve.
5. Mix in a half a block of softened cream cheese.
6. Swap the pudding mix and milk for 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk and ½ cup of full-fat sour cream.
How to Make this Blueberry Fluff Salad Recipe
This dessert salad recipe will come together in minutes and is one you’ll have a hard time resisting diving into! Resist the urge because it’s best once it has had a chance to chill.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, add the vanilla instant pudding mix and milk.
Step 2: Stir them together until it has thickened.
Step 3: Gently fold in the cool whip with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Step 4: Add the blueberry pie filling, drained crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, and coconut flakes and gently stir until everything is mixed well
Step 5: Cover with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until you are ready to serve. Serve cold topped with fresh blueberries and extra marshmallows!
- Don’t skip the chill time. Give the flavors of the blueberry fluff a chance to meld together for maximum taste!
- Serve it as a layered dessert in a glass trifle dish or mason jar. Layer the fluff between crumbled or crushed cookies.
- Change the kind of pie filling you use and make it an entirely different dessert! Cherry pie filling is another favorite!
- For a fun twist, use colored marshmallows instead!
Keep leftover fluff salad fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. It’s best served cold, so no one will judge you for sneaking back to the fridge with a spoon every now and again.
You can! Make it up to a day in advance and serve it the day after.
Yes, you can freeze it well if you use cool whip. The texture may change some when thawed. Freeze it in an airtight container for up to 2 months and thaw in the refrigerator. You can actually eat it like ice cream if you’d like!
- 3.4 ounce vanilla instant pudding mix 3.4 ounce box
- 1 cup milk cold
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed (Cool Whip)
- 21 ounces blueberry pie filling 1 can
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Fresh blueberries for topping optional
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vanilla instant pudding mix and milk and mix until until it has thickened.3.4 ounce vanilla instant pudding mix, 1 cup milk
- Add in the thawed Cool Whip and gently stir in with a wooden spoon or spatula.8 ounces whipped topping
- Add in the blueberry pie filling, drained crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, and coconut flakes then gently stir again until it is mixed thoroughly.21 ounces blueberry pie filling, 20 ounces crushed pineapple, 3 cups mini marshmallows, 1 cup coconut flakes
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to meld.
- Serve cold topped with fresh blueberries and additional mini marshmallows if desired.Fresh blueberries for topping
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected