These Avocado Deviled Eggs are a fabulous, healthy alternative to traditional deviled eggs! They are made with no mayo, instead using avocado to give them the perfect creaminess.
After making those fabulous Hard Boiled Eggs in the oven the other day, there was no question that I would put them to good use. Since I love deviled eggs and I love avocado, I could think of no better thing to make than these little nuggets.
Honestly, I can’t believe that I have never tried these before. They kind of have a guacamole taste to them with the cilantro and lime juice added. They are so perfect to add to your healthy lunch or for a snack for added protein.
How to Make this Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs.
Slice the peeled eggs lengthwise and carefully remove the cooked yolks, placing the yolks in a mixing bowl.
Add the avocado to the bowl and mash with a fork until it’s a smooth consistency.
Then add the remaining ingredients and mash stir together until blended
Spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Then sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I love my these Rubbermaid Egg Keeper Container for storing them in.
If you are planning to make these for a party, I would prep and peel your hard-boiled eggs the day before or the morning of. Then prep the filling as close as you can to when you will be serving them. Although the lime juice helps keep them fresh a little longer, avocadoes do unfortunately oxidize and turn browner as the hours go by. They will stay nice and pretty for a few hours though.
What goes good with Avocado Deviled Eggs?
Deviled Avocado Eggs
- 3 hard boiled eggs cut in half
- 1 large avocado
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- Pinch of garlic powder salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with paprika optional
- Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs.
- Slice the peeled eggs lengthwise and carefully remove the cooked yolks, placing the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado to the bowl and mash with a fork until it's a smooth consistency.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mash stir togther until blended
- Spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Then sprinkle with paprika if desired.