This Dirty Brown Rice is packed with flavor! It’s a meal in itself with the added ground turkey as well. It makes a fabulous, healthy dish for the whole week!
Dirty Rice is a very versatile dish. It gets it’s name from the spices, like cumin and chili powder, and meat that add color and make it look dirty.
You can substitute the ground turkey with shredded chicken or sauteed shrimp. Using this cooked and frozen crock pot chicken is perfect for this. You can also adjust the seasonings to make it as spicy or mild as you prefer.
Dirty Brown Rice Ingredients
Brown rice, cooked per package directions
Lean ground turkey meat
Coconut oil or olive oil
Red onion, diced
Red bell pepper, diced
Yellow bell pepper, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Dirty Brown Rice
Cook the brown rice per package instructions.
Cook onion and garlic in coconut oil or olive in a large skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add turkey and brown for about 10 minutes.
Add diced red pepper and yellow peppers and other seasonings and cook until pepper are just tender.
Stir in cooked brown rice.
Dirty Brown Rice
- 2 cups brown rice cooked per package directions
- 20 oz lean ground turkey meat
- 2 TBSP coconut oil or olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the brown rice per package instructions.
- Cook onion and garlic in coconut oil or olive in a large skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and brown for about 10 minutes.
- Add diced red pepper and yellow peppers and other seasonings.
- Stir in cooked brown rice.