This Layered Taco Dip Recipe is a favorite appetizer every time it’s made! It’s an easy, no-bake dip with a creamy base layer to then add your favorite toppings.
This is another all-time favorite cold appetizer to take to get-togethers. Like this cowboy caviar recipe, it’s one of the quickest to disappear every time I make it.
Table of contents
Best Ever Layered Mexican Dip
It’a a simple blend of 3 common ingredients with added shredded cheese and salsa on top. Some people like to spread a layer of refined beans or ground beef to the bottom first. That is completely up to you. I usually don’t add meat or beans to our version.
You can make it your own with lots of additional toppings. After adding the cheese, you can also add lettuce, sliced scallions, olives, tomatoes…..really anything you like.
It is such an easy, extremely yummy appetizer!
(1) 8 oz package cream cheese, softened (I use ⅓ less fat)
(1) 16 ounce carton of sour cream (I use light)
1 pack taco seasoning (or use 2 Tablespoons of this easy Taco Seasoning)
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz jar Salsa
How to Make This Easy Mexican Dip
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning together in a bowl. You can just use a fork or you can use a hand mixer.
Spread mixture into a 9 x 12 dish
Spread a layer of salsa over top.
Sprinkle cheese in top of the salsa.
Add any other optional toppings that you prefer.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips
Try these other appetizer recipes
Layered Taco Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (I use ⅓ less fat)
- 16 ounces sour cream I use light
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces salsa
- Optional toppings:
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning pack together in a bowl. You can just use a fork or you can use a hand mixer.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 12 dish
- Spread a layer of salsa over top
- Sprinkle cheese in top of salsa
- Add any other optional toppings that you prefer.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected