This Layered Taco Dip Recipe is a favorite appetizer every time it’s made! It’s an easy, no bake dip with a creamy base layer to then add your favorite toppings.
Layered Taco Dip
This is another all time favorite to take to a get together. My sister in law was the first to introduce me to it years and years ago.
But I just made it this week on our big family vacation in Sanibel Island, Florida and thought I would re-post it again for everyone.
Some people like to spread a layer of refined beans or ground beef to the bottom first. That is completely up to you. We usually don’t add meat or beans to our version.
You can make it your own with lots of additional toppings. After adding the cheese, you can also add lettuce, sliced scallions, olives, tomatoes…..really anything you like.
It is such an easy, extremely yummy appetizer!
Ingredients for Taco Dip
(1) 8 oz pack of cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 less fat)
(1) 16 carton of sour cream (again, I use light)
1 pack of taco seasoning (or use 2 Tablespoons of this easy homemade Taco Seasoning
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz jar of salsa Salsa
How to Make Taco Dip
Mix cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning pack together in a bowl. You can just use a fork or you can use a hand mixer.
Spread mixture into a 9 x 12 dish
Spread a layer of salsa over top
Sprinkle cheese in top of salsa
Add any other optional toppings that you prefer.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips
Layered Taco Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (I use 1/3 less fat)
- 16 ounces sour cream I use light
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces salsa
- Optional toppings:
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning pack together in a bowl. You can just use a fork or you can use a hand mixer.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 12 dish
- Spread a layer of salsa over top
- Sprinkle cheese in top of salsa
- Add any other optional toppings that you prefer.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips