This Southwest Quinoa Salad is loaded with flavor! It makes the perfect side dish or even a meal as itself by adding grilled or baked chicken for added protein.
I owe this Southwest Quinoa Salad recipe to my friend Katie. She made it when I was at her house for a cook-out a long, long time ago and I fell in love instantly. (No doubt my love of cilantro had a lot to do with that!)
If you are looking for a easy, delicious side dish for a cookout or family gathering, this quinoa salad will be perfect! Be ready to give out the recipe. I even add chicken to it sometimes as well.
Ingredients for Southwest Quinoa Salad
Quinoa, measured dry and then cooked per package directions
Black beans, rinsed & drained or 2 cups of dried cooked black beans
Green onions sliced (also good with red onion)
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Corn, frozen, fresh or canned
Limes or bottled lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Southwest Quinoa Salad
Cook Quinoa per package directions
Mix all ingredients together.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (but it is even better after several hours to overnight).
Try these other hearty salad recipes too:
Southwest Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa measured dry and then cooked
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed & drained or 2 cups of dried cooked black beans
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 3-5 green onions sliced also good with red onion
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 avocados diced
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of two limes or 4 TBSP of Bottled Lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours but it is even better after several hours to overnight.