This Southwest Quinoa Salad is loaded with flavor! It makes the perfect side dish or even a meal as itself by adding grilled or baked chicken for added protein
I owe this Southwest Quinoa Salad recipe to my friend Katie. She made it when I was at her house for a cook-out a long, long time ago and I fell in love instantly. (No doubt my love of cilantro had a lot to do with that!)
If you are looking for a easy, delicious side dish for a cookout or family gathering, this quinoa salad will be perfect! Be ready to give out the recipe. I even add chicken to it sometimes as well.
Ingredients for Southwest Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa, measured dry and then cooked per package directions
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed & drained or 2 cups of dried cooked black beans
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
3-5 green onions sliced (also good with red onion)
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 avocados, diced
2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Juice of two limes or 4 TBSP of bottled Lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
pepper to taste
How to Make Southwest Quinoa Salad
Mix all ingredients together.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (but it is even better after several hours to overnight).
Try these other hearty salad recipes too:
Southwest Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa measured dry and then cooked
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed & drained or 2 cups of dried cooked black beans
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 3-5 green onions sliced also good with red onion
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 avocados diced
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of two limes or 4 TBSP of Bottled Lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours but it is even better after several hours to overnight.