This Sautéed Cilantro Lime Zucchini is a fabulous healthy, gluten free side dish that’s ready in less than 15 minutes.
I had a craving today for something Mexican and what better way to satisfy that than with anything cilantro and lime.
Having zucchini in the frig, I decided to give one of my favorite veggies a little flair and sauté it with a few other simple ingredients. I used Gourmet Garden cilantro paste instead of fresh cilantro since I had it as well. If you have never tried these, they are amazing. You can find them in the produce department near the fresh herbs.
I use the ginger paste alllll the time in recipes like this Thai Lettuce Wraps and Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing or just with a little soy sauce over rice and chicken with spinach or other roasted veggies.
I think I’ve got a new weekly addition to my usual roasted veggies. It’s a complete winner! Triple yum!!
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb zucchini, diced
1 large tomato, cored, seeded and diced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Garden Gourmet cilantro paste or fresh cilantro, minced
¼ cup crumbled feta (or queso blanco if you can find it in your grocery store)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (more if desired)
black pepper, to taste
Add garlic and oil to a large skillet and cook over medium heat for a minute, stirring continuously.
Add zucchini and cook approx. 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly softened.
Add the tomato and green onion and cook approx. 5 additional minutes.
Remove from heat and add cilantro paste and lime juice.
Season pepper and top with feta cheese.
Sautéed Cilantro Lime Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb zucchini diced
- 1 large tomato cored, seeded and diced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Garden Gourmet cilantro paste or fresh cilantro minced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or queso blanco if you can find it in your grocery store
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice more if desired
- black pepper to taste
- Add garlic and oil to a large skillet and cook over medium heat for a minute, stirring continuously.
- Add zucchini and cook approx. 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly softened.
- Add the tomato and green onion and cook approx. 5 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro paste and lime juice.
- Season pepper and top with feta cheese.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Adapted from Skinny Taste