These easy Tuna Patties are a delicious way to make a healthy meal out of canned tuna. They are a perfectly seasoned, high protein lunch or dinner meal idea.
This is one of those recipes that can quickly become an obsession. To make them even more enticing, they are budget-friendly and kid-friendly too! That comes directly from my daughter who despises the smell of the can of tuna I open when making my favorite Avocado Tuna Salad.
This tuna patties recipe is can be made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. If you don’t have breadcrumbs, you can also use crushed Ritz crackers like my mother did. You can also use egg whites instead of the whole egg to reduce fat calories even more.
The spices used in this tuna cakes recipe are what make them extra flavorful. They are a wonderful low carb meal that fits into many diets such as keto, paleo, and pescatarian.
How to Make These Tuna Patties
Drain the tuna.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Form into 4 equal patties. (roll into balls first then press into patties)
In a non-stick pan, add the oil and saute the patties over medium heat.
Cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Drizzle with lemon juice from wedges.
Substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs if desired
You can also use fresh bread diced into small cubes if you don’t have breadcrumbs. My mother used to even make them with crushed ritz crackers.
Try these other healthy recipes too:
Tuna Patties Recipe
- 10 ounces tuna 2 cans of 5 ounces each
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 tablespoon dried chives or 2 tablespoons fresh chives finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges optional
- Drain the tuna.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form into 4 equal patties. (roll into balls first then press into patties)
- In a non-stick pan, add the oil and saute the patties over medium heat.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with lemon juice from wedges.