These Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Muffins are an incredible, healthy breakfast. They are made with no refined sugar, oil or flour and are perfect for meal planning on the go.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Easy Zucchini Oatmeal Muffins
These oatmeal muffins are made with natural ingredients and are gluten-free too. Next time I make them I plan on adding a scoop of unflavored protein powder as well to have an even more balanced snack. Or you can just have one alongside a cup of homemade Greek yogurt for some added protein.
I know hubs likes to have healthy snacks to munch on during the day, so I made these delicious zucchini oatmeal muffins for them to take along. These muffins are packed with fiber and nutrients too!
Almond butter (or other natural nut butter)
Maple syrup (optional for sweetness)
Zucchini, grated (don’t squeeze water out)
Almond milk (or other milk of choice)
Optional: chocolate chips and/or pecans
How to Make these Oatmeal Muffins
Preheat oven to 375F.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, grease with oil or line with muffin liners.
Add almond butter and maple syrup to a small bowl. Microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir to mix well.
Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork.
Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup/almond butter mixture, and eggs.
Stir to combine.
Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and other add-ins you’d like.
Stir until just combined.
Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top.
Bake for 22-25 minutes.
Cool and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. (They also freeze well)
Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- ¼ cup almond butter – 64 grams or other natural nut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup – 60 ml optional for sweetness
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 small zucchini grated 288 grams (don’t squeeze water out)
- ½ cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional: ¼ cup chocolate chips and/or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, grease with oil or line with muffin liners.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup to a small bowl. Microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir to mix well.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup/almond butter mixture and eggs.
- Stir to combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and other add-in’s you’d like.
- Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. (They also freeze well)
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Inspired by Hummusapien