Simple Baked Pears with Cinnamon and Honey are a wonderful healthy snack or luscious dessert when topped with a dab of vanilla ice cream.
It doesn’t get any easier than making these baked pears for an easy little healthy snack along with your yogurt. Or to turn an otherwise ordinary fruit into an elegant dessert.
We were at our local apple orchard last week and picked up a ½ peck of fresh pears too. I don’t think pears get enough of the spotlight when it comes to turning them to treats.
My daughter decided fond that a dab of vanilla ice cream on top was the best way to have hers. And I have to agree! Serve these at your next dinner gathering and your guests will be shocked at home delectable they are.
Baked Pear Ingredients
Pears – Use any pears you’d like. Bartlett, Bosc or Anjou are my favorites.
Honey – For the perfect subtle sweetness.
Coconut oil – melted. You can also use butter if you’d like.
Cinnamon – for that wonderful warmth.
Vanilla extract – gives it that perfect extra flavor.
Use maple syrup or agave if you’d like.
Make them more seasonal by using pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon.
How to Make Baked Pears
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Peel the pears with a vegetable peeler.
Cut the ends off and then cut the pears in half.
Scoop out the core gently.
Please them face down on a baking sheet or in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the honey, cinnamon, coconut oil and vanilla extract and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine well. (you can also heat on the stove in a small saucepan.)
Spoon ½ – ¾ of the sauce over the pears.
Bake for 30 minutes until soft and turning brown.
Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes
Spoon additional sauce over each pear before serving.
Try these other wonderful dessert recipes too:
Baked Pears with Cinnamon Honey
- 4 medium pears
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the pears with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the ends off and then cut the pears in half.
- Scoop out the core gently.
- Please them face down on a baking sheet or in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, cinnamon, coconut oil and vanilla extract and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine well.
- Spoon ½ – ¾ of the sauce over the pears.
- Bake for 30 minutes until soft and turning brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes
- Spoon additional sauce over each pear before serving.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected