These gluten free zucchini muffins are flourless, oil-free and spectacularly moist and delicious!
Made with wholesome ingredients for a perfect healthy snack.
I realized this week that I haven’t made a muffin in a long time! I have also realized I seem to go in spurts with some of my eating habits. There was a time I was making muffins every week. I don’t know if I should call it cravings or obsessions. For months, no muffins at all.
All I know is this week I needed a muffin. These gluten free zucchini muffins showed up on My Fitness Pal app blog a while ago, so I decided to give them a try.
GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
First of all, I was shocked that that there was absolutely no flour of any kind used in this recipe. And I will say I was a little skeptical.
Then I was elated! Because they are so unbelievably moist and delicious. A great little snack to have along with some fruit and/or yogurt.
I added a few mini chocolate chips to this batch too. It’s a great thing when you can sneak a little veggie into a muffin for your kids too. No one had a clue!
GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
1 cup zucchini, grated
1 cup creamy almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips, optional
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
- Stir until well combined.
- Then gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cavity about ¾ full with the mixture.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tin and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I always like to warm them for a few seconds in the microwave before eating. (It's my thing.) These muffins freeze great as well.
- Note: If muffins stick to tins, use a butter knife and run it along the sides of each muffin to help remove them easier.
CAN YOU FREEZE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS?
Yes! These muffins freeze well. I wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer bag for up to 4 months. <– if they would ever make it that long!
Inspired by Eating Bird Food
TRY THESE OTHER HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES TOO: