This Blueberry Lemon Bread is not only super moist and scrumptious, it’s healthy! It’s a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
I don’t usually have a sweet tooth but yesterday I had a big ole craving for something sweet. And it would not leave! So at 7:30 last night I decided to bake this blueberry lemon bread. It’s been on my list of recipes to try and with fresh blueberries in the refrigerator (for once), I jumped on it.
BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD
It is incredibly scrumptious! Plus, I forgot to mention, it’s healthy too! Doubly happy 🙂 It’s actually even Paleo too. I love how unbelievably moist things I bake with almond meal flour come out.
I did add a little glaze on mine this time, which “un-healthified” it a tad. I probably won’t do this often. But to be completely honest, it made the pictures so much prettier with it on! 🙂
BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 organic eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup raw honey or organic maple syrup
3 tbsp organic lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Glaze, optional:
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
3-4 tsp milk
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 3 tbsp organic lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 3-4 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of pan.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, and lemon juice until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until blended well.
- Spread one third of the batter into the bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the blueberries on top.
- Repeat with another third of the batter and third of the blueberries.
- Repeat one more time with the remaining batter and berries.
- Bake 32-37 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cover with foil if the top begins to brown too much.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Inspired by Eat Grown Local