This Blueberry Lemon Bread is not only super moist and scrumptious, it’s healthy! It’s a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
I don’t usually have a sweet tooth but yesterday I had a big ole craving for something sweet. So at 7:30 last night I decided to bake this blueberry lemon bread. It’s been on my list of recipes to try and with fresh blueberries in the refrigerator, so it was perfect timing. I love the lemon in dessert recipes. These Lemon Bars are one of our family favorites and this Lemonade Cake is the hit of summer barbecues and family get togethers every time!
It is incredibly scrumptious! Plus, I forgot to mention, it’s healthy too! Doubly happy 🙂 It’s actually even Paleo too. I love how unbelievably moist things I bake with almond meal flour come out.
I did add a little glaze on mine this time, which “un-healthified” it a tad. I probably won’t do this often. But to be completely honest, it made the pictures so much prettier with it on! 🙂
Blueberry Lemon Bread Ingredients
Cconut oil, melted
Honey or organic maple syrup
For the Glaze, optional:
Milk of choice
Try these other healthy desserts too!
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Bread
Healthy Blueberry Lemon Bread
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Glaze, optional:
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 3-4 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of pan.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, and lemon juice until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until blended well.
- Spread one third of the batter into the bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the blueberries on top.
- Repeat with another third of the batter and third of the blueberries.
- Repeat one more time with the remaining batter and berries.
- Bake 32-37 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cover with foil if the top begins to brown too much.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Inspired by Eat Grown Local