This cheesy crockpot creamed corn combines simple ingredients of cheddar cheese, cream and corn all slow cooked to perfection. It’s a perfect side dish that will easily become a family favorite at holiday gatherings.
Looking for more recipes to add to your a holiday menu? This classic green bean casserole is a must make, this sausage stuffing is my favorite, and broccoli casserole is a delicious side dish everyone loves.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Best Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Recipe
Old-fashioned creamed corn is not just any favorite side dish, it’s a game-changer for holiday meals. With its easy prep and simple ingredients, it’s a perfect side dish to add to your Thanksgiving menu since it frees up oven space by being cooked in the crock pot.
So, whether you’re hosting a special occasion or just casual family dinners, this is a great side dish that goes well with many main courses.
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this easy side dish recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card with amounts.
- Whole Corn Kernels: I use frozen whole kernel corn. You can use a bag of yellow corn and a bag of sweet corn kernels if you’d like. But you can use 2 cans of canned corn or an equal amount of fresh corn off the cob as well.(Sauté or blanch it for 1-2 minutes before adding it to the crockpot)
- Heavy Cream: adds richness and forms the base of the creamy sauce. You can use whole milk but the creaminess will be a little less.
- Unsalted Butter: enhances flavor and adds to the creaminess.
- Granulated Sugar: just a touch to highlight the corn’s natural sweetness.
- Salt & Black Pepper: added seasoning and balance.
- Whole Milk & Cornstarch: to thicken the sauce, making it deliciously creamy.
- Cheddar Cheese: mild or sharp. Melts into the corn for that irresistible cheesy touch.
1.Swap the cheddar cheese for 4 ounces of cream cheese.
2. For a lighter version, replace whole milk in the roux with skim milk or low-fat milk.
3. Add in a little parmesan cheese if you’ d like.
4. Use fresh corn kernels off the cob or 2 cans of corn, drained well, instead of frozen corn.
5. Add some fresh thyme, smoked paprika or even crumbled bacon for a fun twist.
6. Add ½ cup of finely diced onion.
How to Make Cream Corn Recipe
Step 1: Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Combine corn, heavy cream, butter, sugar, salt, and pepper in the crockpot.
Step 3: Cook on high heat for 2-3 hours or on low heat for 4 hours.
Step 4: In a small bowl, add the milk and cornstarch and whisk together. Then stir it into the corn in the crockpot.
Step 5: Last, add the shredded cheese on top of the corn mixture, stir and cook for another hour.
- For best results, use freshly shredded cheese off the block as it melts better than pre-shredded varieties.
- Stir occasionally during cooking to ensure even heating.
- Double the recipe for a larger crowd.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove over medium heat. Add a little milk if needed.
Yes, place the cooled creamed corn in an airtight container and freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat on the stovetop on low heat.
Crockpot Creamed Corn
- 20 ounces corn kernels frozen (2-10 ounce bags)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted and cubed
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the slow cooker, add the corn, heavy cream, cubed butter, sugar, salt and pepper and stir to combine well.20 ounces corn kernels, ¾ cup heavy cream, 4 tablespoons butter, 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and cornstarch and add the mixture to the corn in the crockpot and stir to combine well.¼ cup milk, 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Add the shredded cheddar and stir in.1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook on high for another another hour or 2 until creamy.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected