This delicious Sheet Pan Creamy Herb Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans is a one-pan meal that takes the guesswork out of dinner. Enjoy roasted chicken coated in a creamy garlic sauce with a side of seasoned potatoes, and crispy green beans. It’s a family-friendly meal ready in less than 30 minutes. Including sides!
Having a spectacular dinner on the table in a pinch has never been easier thanks to sheet pan meals. Both sheet pan shrimp fajitas and sheet pan balsamic chicken and vegetables are a couple of my family’s favorites. A quick and easy answer to a delicious meal any night of the week.
Chicken and potatoes and a side of beans is good old fashioned homestyle cooking, without the time and extra effort. Comfort food meets convenience with this tasty sheet pan chicken dinner, and no one needs to know it took but all of half an hour!
Everything in this meal is seasoned to your liking and then gets roasted, which gives the potatoes and beans a nice crispy exterior. The juicy chicken is also covered in a thick creamy herb-infused cheesy garlic sauce, adding a depth of goodness your entire family will love.
It’s easy to see why people have created so many popular sheet pan meals. They’re quick and easy which is perfect for busy families during the week and even better when you’re feeling lazy on a weekend!
This is a customizable dinner which means you can swap the beans for your preferred vegetable. You can also swap the potatoes for sweet potatoes and of course, you can omit the sauce on the chicken or add your favorite seasonings. You’ll notice that the beans are added last, because of their shorter cooking time so if you’re going to substitute anything just remember to account for that!
You can make more to feed a crowd and have leftovers for the week. Or make a bit less if you’re serving dinner for two. Either way, enjoy tossing the sheet pan in the oven, making a quick sauce, and kicking back with a glass of wine.
How to Make One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
Preheat the oven and grab your pan. You won’t need any liner as the oil is all you need to help keep it from sticking.
Arrange the chicken breast and the diced potatoes on the sheet pan. You will add the beans later on, but you still want to season them. Drizzle and coat with olive oil over the contents of the pan and sprinkle with nature’s seasoning or salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and remove to add the green beans and turn the chicken over. The beans cook much faster than the chicken and potatoes, so adding them in later will allow for even cooking. No one wants overcooked beans!
Return the pan to the oven and continue baking until your chicken is no longer pink in the center. Internal temperature should reach 160 degrees F.
While the pan is in the oven, heat a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add butter and minced garlic and cook until butter has melted. If your taste buds weren’t already activated, I bet they are now!
Make a roux by stirring in flour and mixing well until thick. Slowly add in the milk and whisk constantly until thoroughly mixed.
Add the cream cheese, stirring occasionally until melted and combined into a smooth creamy consistency. Then, you’ll add in the thyme and oregano and mix to combine.
Once the sheet pan chicken and potatoes are finished cooking, remove the pan from the oven. Pour the creamy garlic sauce over the chicken. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley and dig in!
Tips and Variations
- Substitute rosemary for either oregano or thyme or add it in as an additional spice.
- Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- Some options for other veggies could include asparagus, broccoli, or zucchini.
- Opt for using sweet potatoes if you prefer them over regular white potatoes.
- For al dente veggies, add them when there is about 10 minutes left of chicken and potatoes cooking time.
This meal with keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, put back in the oven to heat through. When possible, store the sauce separately and reheat on its own before adding on top of the chicken.
Sheet Pan Creamy Herb Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans
- 3 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 10 oz green beans fresh or frozen & thawed
- 1 lb. baby golden potatoes diced into inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon Nature’s Seasoning or 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed from the stem
- Fresh parmesan cheese optional garnish
- Fresh parsley optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the chicken breasts and diced potatoes on the sheet pan. Evenly coat the olive oil over the potatoes, beans, and chicken.
- Sprinkle entire pan with nature’s seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the green beans and turn the chicken breasts over to cook evenly.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until your chicken is no longer pink in the center and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- While chicken, potatoes and vegetable are cooking, heat a medium size skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tablespoon butter and 1 Tablespoon garlic and cook for 1-2 minute until the butter has melted
- Stir in the tablespoon of flour and mix well until thick.
- Add in the milk and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Then add the 2 ounces of cream cheese, stirring continually until melted and mixed well.
- Add in the thyme and oregano.
- When chicken has finished cooking, remove the pan from the oven and pour the creamy garlic sauce over the chicken.
- Top with parmesan cheese and parsley.