It’s a slow cooker kind of day. This Balsamic Roast Beef did the trick for me this week. It was so easy to prepare. The most work I did was to just slice an onion. The rest was just to toss in the remaining ingredients and turn it on.
Hours later, the house is full of fabulous smells and it came out so tender and has a wonderful au ju sauce to smother it with.
I am planning on making a good ole French Dip sub tonight with the leftovers! Dipping it in that yummy au jus. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
INGREDIENTS, Serves 6-8
1 3-4 pound boneless chuck or round roast
1 large onion, sliced
8 oz package of sliced mushrooms
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP honey
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 3-4 pound boneless chuck or round roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place the mushrooms and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker then put the roast on top of those.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker and pull apart with 2 forks to shred.
- Serve with about ½ the sauce poured over it (more if desired)
- Keep remaining au jus sauce for dipping if making subs with leftovers.
Adapted from Add a Pinch
Try these other recipes too.