This Ginger Sesame Slaw has such a simple fresh recipe. Made with just 4 easy ingredients, it’s perfect to serve alongside grilled chicken or fish or to make for your next BBQ or family gathering.
There is nothing better than a fabulous recipe that is so extremely quick and healthy. This Ginger Sesame Slaw is one of those and has that “something special” taste. The combination of ginger, toasted sesame oil and rice vinegar really lights up your taste buds.
If you’re a slaw lover, this asian version flavored with ginger and sesame a wonderful recipe to make instead of a traditional creamy mayonnaise version.
I just chopped up about 1/3 of a cup of the pickled ginger to add in with the oil and vinegar.
You can also add sliced scallions if you’d like too if your’d like.
This asian this yummy Soy-Lime-Garlic Marinated Chicken Tenders and served this slaw along side of it for another perfect easy healthy dinner!!
Shredded cabbage – buy pre-packaged slaw mix with carrots or shred your own
Pickled Ginger – Jars are found in the asian section of the grocery store. It’s wonderful flavor is the star of this recipe
Rice vinegar – seasoned is wonderful but any rice vinegar would work.
Toasted sesame oil – toasted is best but regular is fine as well.
Salt – to taste
Scallions – an optional ingredient that adds even more flavor
Toasted sesame seeds – another optional ingredient for a little extra crunch
How to Make this Asian Slaw
Place the cabbage in a medium size serving bowl
In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce or tamari if gluten free
- Add in thin slices of red bell pepper or shredded broccoli
- Add 1/4 cup of fresh diced cilantro
- Add a little sriracha sauce for a spicier version
If you have time, make a few hours ahead of serving to allow the flavors to blend together. It’s still wonderful if you don’t though.
Add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup if slaw is too tart for liking.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Use a tablespoon of fresh grated ginger in place of pickled ginger if you prefer.
Other healthy salad recipes too:
Ginger Sesame Slaw
- 16 ounces bag of shredded cabbage with carrots
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger
- 1 Tablespoons seasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cups of scallions sliced thin optional
- Toasted sesame seeds optional
- Place the cabbage in a medium sized serving bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.