This easy Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe is a wonderful pumpkin dessert to make in place of traditional pumpkin pie for any occasion. These are a crust-free version that is full of our favorite pumpkin spice flavors.
If you love pumpkin recipes be sure to try these other favorites! These mini pumpkin pies are another perfect individual sized dessert, this pumpkin coffee cake is a perfect breakfast treat and these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are a must make.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Table of contents
Pumpkin Pie Bar Recipe
These bars are so easy to whip up and bake for any occasion or pumpkin craving you may be having. They feature the best part of pumpkin pie in my opinion…the classic pumpkin filling in bar form! They’re light and fluffy and are loved by anyone who is a classic pumpkin pie lover.
This simple recipe has all the fall spice flavors you expect to find just without a traditional pie crust.
Flour – I have used coconut flour and almond flour for this recipe to make them grain free but you can use all-purpose flour, oat flour, or any gluten free flour as well.
Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg – The favorite spices for Fall baking.
Baking powder – Needed for making them fluffy
Pumpkin Puree – The feature of this recipe. Just be sure to get pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling mixture.
Vanilla extract – for added warm flavors.
Eggs – two large eggs will bind the ingredients together.
Milk – I used regular 2% milk for creaminess.
Sugar – to give it the perfect sweetness. Use white sugar, brown sugar or coconut sugar.
How to Make these Pumpkin Bars
Preheat oven to 350° F and grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and spices together well.
In a separate large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, milk, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk to combine well..
Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
Pour pumpkin mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool completely before slicing.
Substitute regular milk for a non-dairy milk like almond milk, coconut milk, etc.
Substitute all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour.
Substitute 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice for spices if preferred.
Swap the brown sugar for white sugar or dark brown sugar or ¼ teaspoon of liquid stevia.
Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Be sure to use pumpkin purée and not pumpkin pie filling that has added sugar.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
These pumpkin bars can be frozen for up to 2 months in a freezer safe container or baggie
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree 1 can
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk regular milk, almond milk, rice milk, etc.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut flour or all purpose flour, oat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, flour, baking powder and spices and stir to combine.½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup coconut flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon cloves, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree, milk, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk together completely t15 ounces pumpkin puree, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ cup milk, 2 large eggs
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected