This easy Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe is a wonderful dessert to make for any occasion. These are a crust-free version that is full of favorite pumpkin pie spices.
I have several favorite pumpkin desserts like these Pumpkin Pecan Bars and these Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. I decided to make this new pumpkin bars recipe to feature the best part of pumpkin pie…the creamy pumpkin filling!
These bars are so easy to whip up and bake for any occasion or pumpkin craving you may be having. They are light and fluffy and are loved by anyone who is a pumpkin pie lover.
They have all the fall spice flavors you expect to find just without a traditional pie crust. They are even a healthy treat that have just 100 calories per bar! You can lower that even more if you used stevia in place of the sugar.
Flour – I used coconut flour for this recipe to make them grain free but you can use all purpose flour, almond flour, oat flour, or gluten free flour as well.
Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg – The most needed spices for Fall baking.
Baking powder – Needed for making them fluffy
Pumpkin Puree – The feature of this recipe. Just be sure to get pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling mixture.
Vanilla extract – for added flavor.
Eggs – two eggs to bind the ingredients together.
Milk – I used regular 2% milk for creaminess.
Sugar – to give it the perfect sweetness. Use white sugar, brown sugar or coconut sugar.
Optional sweeteners – 5 dates blended with the milk above or 1/4 teaspoon of liquid stevia.
How to Make these Pumpkin Bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and spices together well.
In a separate medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients together and blend well..
Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients together and spread the pumpkin mixture in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Substitute regular milk for a non-dairy milk like almond milk, coconut milk, etc.
2. Substitute all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour.
3. Substitute 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice for spices if preferred.
4. Use 1/4 teaspoon of liquid stevia or blend 5 pitted dates in place of the sugar.
Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Be sure to try these other dessert recipes too:
Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree 1 can
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk regular milk, almond milk, rice milk, etc.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour or all purpose flour, oat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar Optional sweeteners – 5 dates blended with the milk above or 1/4 teaspoon of liquid stevia.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Then mix the the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the dry and wet together and spread mix in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).