This easy Lemon Asparagus Quinoa is the great healthy side dish to serve with any meal.
Here is another quick and easy and “Clean Eating” quinoa recipe for you to try. You could even kick it up a notch with a little feta and balsamic vinegar too.
I had this with the wonderful Italian Grilled Chicken this week. For lunch I cut up the chicken and mixed it all together. So good!!
Ingredients for Lemon Asparagus Quinoa
1 cup quinoa, measured dry and then cooked
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
How to Make Lemon Asparagus Quinoa
1. Cook quinoa as directed. Set aside covered for 10 minutes and the fluff with a fork.
2. Cook the asparagus in microwave with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic for about 5 minutes or more if you prefer more “cooked”
3. Stir the cooked asparagus into the quinoa and add the lemon juice and the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Lemon Asparagus Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa measured dry and then cooked
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook quinoa as directed. Set aside covered for 10 minutes and the fluff with a fork.
- Cook the asparagus in microwave with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic for about 5 minutes or more if you prefer more "cooked"
- Stir the cooked asparagus into the quinoa and add the lemon juice and the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected
Try these other healthy Quinoa recipes too