This is the best Healthy Turkey Meatloaf recipe! Made with fresh ground turkey, it’s so moist and loaded with flavor!
We are a meatloaf loving family! I wanted to make a clean eating version so instead of usually the ground beef, I swapped it out for lean 99% fat free ground turkey and it is so fabulous.
This turkey meatloaf is so moist and the flavor is fabulous! I really think it has to do with sauteing the onion and garlic first until they are nice and caramelized. The whole family loves it!
I usually like to make 2 meatloaves at a time. They are perfect to freeze and have for those days when you are struggling for time. You can freeze the loaves cooked or uncooked. If freezing uncooked, place the loaf on a baking sheet and freeze until hardened. Then wrap it in foil and place in a freezer bags. Thaw overnight or for at least 8 hours before baking.
How to Make Turkey Meatloaf
Heat coconut oil or olive oil in a saute pan.
Cook onion and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place the cooked onion and garlic in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, and pepper with onion mixture.
Shape into a “loaf” and place in a glass baking dish
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until cooked completely through.
Make this turkey meatloaf gluten free by substituting with gluten free breadcrumbs or by using 1/2 cup of uncooked old fashioned oatmeal.
Use store bought egg replacer in place of regular eggs if desired.
Substitute the ketchup topping for BBQ sauce for a change.
Try these other healthy recipes using ground turkey too:
- 2 TBSP coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 20 ounces 1 20 oz package of 99% Fat Free ground turkey eat
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread toasted and broken into pieces.
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt coconut oil in a saute pan.
- Cook onion and garlic in melted oil for about 5-7 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Place the cooked onion and garlic in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, and pepper with onion mixture.
- Shape into a "Loaf" and place in a glass baking dish.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked completely through.