This turkey meatloaf recipe is incredibly moist and delicious. Adding caramelized onions makes the flavor exceptional.
Hubby came up with another recipe for us! I could get used to this. He came up with this turkey meatloaf recipe while my daughter and I were visiting his mother in Florida. Poor thing never gets to go with us because of his work schedule in the Spring, but he is so sweet to let us go and escape the cold, snowy days of New England every year. I think he made this 3 times for himself while we were away. Boys!
As much as I love to cook, I do like a night off every now and then. I’ll throw out a “hey Hon, do you want to make your famous meatloaf tonight?” I stay out of the kitchen (most of the time), he feels needed. All is good! 🙂
This turkey meatloaf is so moist and the flavor is fabulous! I really think it has to do with sauteing the onion and garlic first until they are nice and caramelized. I completely passes the kid friendly test too. Double bonus!
I usually like to make 2 meatloaves at a time. They are perfect to freeze and have for those days when you are struggling for time.
2 TBSP of coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup onion, chopped
(1) 20 oz package of 99% Fat Free ground turkey meat
1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread, toasted and broken into pieces.
1 egg (or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Melt coconut oil in a saute pan.
2. Cook onion and garlic in melted oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place the cooked onion and garlic in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, and pepper with onion mixture.
5. Shape into a “Loaf” and place in a Glass Baking Dish
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until cooked completely through.
Don’t miss a recipe or fun tip! Subscribe to the To Simply Inspire newsletter.
Clean Eating Turkey Meatloaf
This Turkey Meatloaf is simple yet wonderfully moist with added caramelized onions that make it burst with flavor.
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 20 ounces 1 20 oz package of 99% Fat Free ground turkey eat
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread toasted and broken into pieces.
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Melt coconut oil in a saute pan.
Cook onion and garlic in melted oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place the cooked onion and garlic in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, and pepper with onion mixture.
Shape into a "Loaf" and place in a glass baking dish.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until cooked completely through.
Nutritional information is with 99% ground turkey, one egg and plain breadcrumbs.