This Turkey Meatloaf Recipe is incredibly moist and delicious. Adding caramelized onions makes the flavor exceptional.
Hubby came up with another recipe for us! He made this turkey meatloaf recipe while my daughter and I were visiting his mother in Florida. Poor thing never gets to go with us because of his work schedule in the Spring, but he is so sweet to let us go and escape the cold, snowy days of New England every year.
This turkey meatloaf is so moist and the flavor is fabulous! I really think it has to do with sauteing the onion and garlic first until they are nice and caramelized. It completely passes the kid-friendly test too.
I usually like to make 2 meatloaves at a time. They are perfect to freeze and have for those days when you are struggling for time.
Ingredients needed for Turkey Meatloaf
2 TBSP of coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup onion, chopped
(1) 20 oz package of 99% Fat Free ground turkey meat
1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread, toasted and broken into pieces.
1 egg (or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make Turkey Meatloaf
Melt coconut oil in a saute pan.
Cook onion and garlic in melted oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place the cooked onion and garlic in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, and pepper with onion mixture.
Shape into a “loaf” and place in a glass baking dish
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until cooked completely through.
Try these other healthy recipes using ground turkey too:
Clean Eating Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 20 ounces 1 20 oz package of 99% Fat Free ground turkey eat
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread toasted and broken into pieces.
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt coconut oil in a saute pan.
- Cook onion and garlic in melted oil for about 5-7 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Place the cooked onion and garlic in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, and pepper with onion mixture.
- Shape into a "Loaf" and place in a glass baking dish.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked completely through.