These Roasted Green Beans are healthy, delicious and very easy to make. This tender vegetable makes wonderful addition to any meal or add an incredible new dimension to your holiday table.
Green beans roasted in the oven have an incredible flavor and tastes more carmelized. Plus the added almonds makes them extra special.
This recipe can be eaten as a side dish or even as a snack. I literally can eat them like french fries! So they are amazing when you want something salty and crunchy.
Green Beans – Fresh green beans work the best in my opinion but I have used frozen full green beans as well! Trim the ends off either one.
Olive Oil – Use coconut oil or butter if you’d like.
Raw sliced almonds – gives it such a nice finishing flavor.
Salt and Pepper – the perfect light seasoning.
What to put in green beans to give flavor?
- Sprinkle them with a little parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with a little balsamic glaze.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder. If adding fresh garlic, add that at the same time as the almonds so it doesn’t burn.
- Use other favorite herbs like rosemary or thyme.
- Add thinly sliced onions.
How to Roast Green Beans
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper if preferred.
Step 2: Snap the ends off of green beans.
Step 3: Place green beans in a large bowl and add olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step 4: Toss to blend well.
Step 5: Place on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Step 6: Bake for 12- 15 minutes, stirring once halfway.
Step 7: During the last 5 minutes, sprinkle with sliced almonds the last 5 minutes of baking.
Try these Roasted Vegetable Recipes too
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 ½ lbs fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sliced raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Trim the ends off of the green beans.1 ½ lbs fresh green beans
- Place green beans in a large bowl and the olive oil, salt and pepper.2 Tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Toss to blend well.
- Place on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds the last 5 minutes of baking.2 Tablespoons sliced raw almonds
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected