These Roasted Green Beans are so simple and delicious with added sliced almonds. Add them to any meal as a limitless healthy side.
I have snapped my share of green beans in my life. It was a typical thing to do at my Grandparents house before any family meal. Come to think of it, my own children have never snapped a bean in their lives. Hmmm, I must do something about this.
Roasted Green Beans
I sometimes think I am failing at carrying on my Southern traditions with my kids (even though I know that other areas snap beans too). My kids don’t like collard greens or turnip greens, which I was eating by the bowlful by age 5.
My son does like a few green veggies. My daughter? Well, we are working on her. Good news, she did like these roasted green beans so much better than just steamed or boiled.
So, if you happen to have a child like me that challenges you with their “green” eating, give these a try and they may be surprised.
There is something about the flavor that roasting gives them. Plus the added almonds makes them extra special.
Ingredients for Roasted Green Beans
1 1/2 lbs of fresh green beans, ends snapped off
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
1/4 teaspoon of pepper, less if preferred
1/4 teaspoon of salt, less if preferred
2 Tablespoons of sliced raw almonds, optional
How to Roast Green Beans
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Snap the ends off of green beans.
Place green beans in a bowl and add other ingredients.
Toss to blend well.
Place on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake for 12- 15 minutes, stirring once halfway.
Sprinkle with sliced almonds the last 5 minutes of baking.
Other roasted vegetable recipes to try
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans ends snapped off
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper less if preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon salt less if preferred
- 2 Tablespoons sliced raw almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Snap the ends off of green beans.
- Place green beans in a bowl and add other ingredients.
- Toss to blend well.
- Place on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds the last 5 minutes of baking.