These Roasted Green Beans are so simple and delicious with added sliced almonds. Add them to any meal as a limitless healthy side.
I have snapped my share of green beans in my life. It was a typical thing to do at my Grandparents house before any family meal. Come to think of it, my own children have never snapped a bean in their lives. Hmmm, I must do something about this.
Roasted Green Beans
I sometimes think I am failing at carrying on my Southern traditions with my kids (even though I know that other areas snap beans too). My kids don’t like collard greens or turnip greens, which I was eating by the bowlful by age 5.
I’m pretty sure I had no choice to eat several foods growing up or I would have starved! But I do get a little kick out of the reactions when I serve these certain somethings to my family.
My son, at least, loves green beans. My daughter? Well, we are working on her. I will keep trying different variations. She did like these roasted green beans SO much better than just steamed or boiled. Yay!
So, if you happen to have a child like me that challenges you with their “green” eating, give these a try and they may be surprised.
There is something about the flavor that roasting gives them. Plus the added almonds make them extra special.
Ingredients for Roasted Green Beans
1 1/2 lbs of fresh green beans, ends snapped off
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
1/4 teaspoon of pepper, less if preferred
1/4 teaspoon of salt, less if preferred
2 Tablespoons of sliced raw almonds, optional
How to Roast Green Beans
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Snap the ends off of green beans.
Place green beans in a bowl and add other ingredients.
Toss to blend well.
Place on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake for 12- 15 minutes, stirring once halfway.
Sprinkle with sliced almonds the last 5 minutes of baking.
Other roasted vegetable recipes to try
Roasted Green Beans
These roasted green beans are so simple and delicious. Add them to any meal as a limitless healthy side.
- 1 1/2 lbs of fresh green beans ends snapped off
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper less if preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt less if preferred
- 2 Tablespoons of sliced raw almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Snap the ends off of green beans.
- Place green beans in a bowl and add other ingredients.
- Toss to blend well.
- Place on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds the last 5 minutes of baking.