These simple and delicious oven Roasted Turnips will surprise your tastebuds with their sweet, slight nutty-flavored tenderness.
We love our roasted vegetables in our house. You just can’t go wrong! I have never ever cooked a turnip in my entire life. I see them every time I go to the store. I have passed them by without a single thought.
Until this week…….
In an attempt to have a change from the usual, I got the courage to buy a huge turnip and give it a try. It’s a simple and quick and really delicious veggie to add to your weekly roasting.
I just seasoned this batch of roasted turnips with pink himalayan salt and pepper. But the flavors are endless just like any other roasting you do. Rosemary, sage or thyme would be wonderful as well. You could even sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on them.
They are very similar to potatoes actually with a little sweet flavor. Serve it along side a favorite chicken dish like this spinach stuffed chicken for a great healthy meal.
How to Roast Turnips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel the turnip and slice into 1 inch thick pieces. Then cut each slice into 1 inch cubes.
Coat a baking sheet with a little oil or your favorite spray oil.
Spread out peeled and cut up turnip on a baking sheet.
Drizzle with oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Toss to coat
Bake for 30 minutes or until desired tenderness.
Other roasted vegetable recipes to try
- 1 large turnips peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the turnip and slice into 1 inch thick pieces. Then cut each slice into 1 inch cubes.
- Coat a baking sheet with a little oil or your favorite spray oil.
- Spread out peeled and cut up turnip on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat
- Bake for 30 minutes or until desired tenderness.