This Beet Hummus is a fabulous, creamy appetizer featuring roasted beets, lemon and garlic that is the perfect dip for veggies or a spread for pita bread.
I love roasted beets too! So marrying these two together into a fun (and pretty) appetizer was a wonderful idea I just had to try!
Not only is this pretty pink hummus delicious, but adding the beets makes it so good for you! Beets are loaded with fiber, vitamin C, folate, potassium and magnesium.
Even if you think you may not like this beets in hummus version, I highly recommend you give it a try. You will be so amazed at how the lemon and garlic cover any potential strong beet flavors.
How to Make this Beet Hummus
Place beets, chick peas, lemon juice, garlic, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to food processor or blender.
After blended, place in a bowl.
Slowly stir in the ¼ cup of olive oil.
Garnish with roasted chickpeas, cilantro or scallions.
Serve with your favorite sliced vegetables or pita bread.
Try these other easy appetizer recipes too:
- 2 cooked beets
- 15 oz can chick peas
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh cilantro or scallions as garnish
- Place beets, chick peas, lemon juice, garlic, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to food processor or blender.
- After blended, place in a bowl.
- Slowly stir in the ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Garnish with cilantro or scallions.
- Serve with your favorite sliced vegetables or pita bread.