These Honey Mustard Roasted Chickpeas the most wonderful crunchy, healthy snack that everyone loves. You will love how easy and cheap they are to make too.
I have been wanting to make another version of roasted chickpeas for a while. Everyone loves the Maple Cinnamon Chickpeas so much that I thought it was time to experiment with some other flavors.
Honey mustard is a favorite in our house so it was an easy choice on what to try this time. And they are, or should I say were, a complete hit!
They were gone in less than 20 minutes! The only thing I wish I had done is to make a double batch when I made them yesterday.
If you soak and cook your own chickpeas, they are even super cheap to make as well. I bought a 16 oz bag of dry chickpeas for $1.79 and it makes approx. 7 cups of cooked chickpeas.
It honestly makes me smile the big goofy inside smile when I see my daughter scarfing down a healthy snack like it’s candy. Each ¼ cup serving has 8 grams of protein, 27 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fat plus 14 grams of fiber.
Much better than a bag of chips!
How to Make Honey Mustard Roasted Chickpeas
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Spread the chickpeas onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat dry with a paper towel. (The drier they are, the easier it is to get them crunchy.)
Bake for 30 minutes, shaking them around a little bit every 10 minutes to prevent burning.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mustard and honey.
Add the chickpeas to the mixture and stir gently to coat well.
Place the chickpeas back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about another 10-15 minutes, checking every 5 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for approx. one week.
Try these other healthy snacks too:
Honey Mustard Roasted Chickpeas
- 1.5 cups dry cooked chickpeas or 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spread the chickpeas onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat dry with a paper towel. (The drier they are, the easier it is to get them crunchy.)
- Bake for 30 minutes, shaking them around a little bit every 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mustard and honey.
- Add the chickpeas to the mixture and stir gently to coat well.
- Place the chickpeas back onto the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about another 10-15 minutes, checking every 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container for approx. one week.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected