This Garlic Shrimp and Quinoa is an easy, healthy and gluten free recipe! Made with fresh ingredients and seasoned with the perfect amount of spices for a light lunch or dinner.
Garlic Shrimp and Quinoa
I have a love of quinoa. And I have a love of shrimp. So when you are craving both, you make this perfect Garlic Shrimp and Quinoa and toss it in a bowl.
It’s a healthy AND full of flavor recipe for the win!! Oh! I forgot easy! So easy!
Quinoa a wonderful grain with a benefit of added protein and essential amino acids. Plus it’s gluten free as well. So needless to say, some of my absolute favorite recipes are made with quinoa.
Try these other healthy quinoa recipes too:
Making this shrimp and quinoa is as simple as cooking the quinoa. Sautéing the shrimp. Slicing and dicing some veggies and the mixing it all together with a few spices.
It has just the perfect amount of a little Mexican flavor with the chili powder and cumin. Of course, feel free to add a little more if you’d like a more robust spicy flavor.
It’s versatile enough that you can add other vegetable to it too. Try it with zucchini
It’s a quick light meal to make any night of the week or even as meal prep for several days. Honestly, you could treat guests to this as well along with a salad and they’d be in awe of it’s goodness.
Ingredients for Garlic Shrimp Quinoa
1 cup dry quinoa, cooked by package directions
1 lb shrimp
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
2 Tablespoons olive oil, separated (or coconut oil or avocado oil)
1/4 each bell pepper (red, yellow, orange)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (I like more)
1 avocado, diced
salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Shrimp and Quinoa
Prepare quinoa per package directions.
Place shrimp in the bowl and sprinkle with paprika, chili powder, and cumin.
Add one tablespoon of olive oil (or coconut or avocado oil) to a saute pan. Add minced garlic and shrimp. Then until fully cooked. Set aside.
Dice peppers and avocado and place in a large bowl.
Add cilantro and remaining tablespoon of oil.
Add the cooked quinoa, to vegetables and toss thoroughly.
Cut shrimp into small pieces and add to quinoa mixture and toss again.
Refrigerate for 2-4 hours for flavors to blend. (The longer the better).
Garlic Shrimp and Quinoa
- 1 cup dry quinoa cooked by package directions
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil separated (or coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 1/4 each bell pepper red, yellow, orange
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh cilantro I like more
- 1 avocado diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa per package directions.
- Place shrimp in the bowl and sprinkle with paprika, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil (or coconut or avocado oil) to a saute pan. Add minced garlic and shrimp. Then until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Dice peppers and avocado and place in a large bowl.
- Add cilantro and remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add the cooked quinoa, to vegetables and toss thoroughly.
- Cut shrimp into small pieces and add to quinoa mixture and toss again.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours for flavors to blend. (The longer the better).