This Gluten Free Banana Bread is unbelievably easy and wonderful! It is made with no refined sugar, extremely moist and makes such a delicious healthy treat!
There’s nothing like a bunch of browning bananas on the counter to get you to seek out making a loaf of banana bread. I haven’t made it in such a long time and the recipe I have from my mother has way too much added sugar.
The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread
I love the sweetness that the bananas give the bread and it’s plenty for us. I actually use bananas to sweeten other recipes I make often like these Chocolate Banana Muffins and these wonderful Banana Pancakes.
How Ripe Should Bananas Be for Banana Bread? You want the bananas to be ripe with lots of black spots, on them. You want them on the softer side when they have much more sugar.
If you have ripe bananas and you’re not quite ready to bake, simply peel them and put them in a zip loc bag and freeze them for later.
I also wanted to make a gluten free banana bread this time. So this one is a gluten AND clean eating version!
I experimented with a few recipes but none turned out as fabulous as this one did. They usually turn out way too dry. This is super moist and light. Whenever my personal taster (my hubby) gives a double thumbs up, I know I have a keeper.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Ingredients
4 bananas (approx 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup of liquid egg whites or 4 eggs
1/2 cup almond butter (other nut butters will work too – sunflower seed, macadamia nut, etc)
4 tablespoons melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter
1/2 cup almond meal flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 scoop of protein powder, optional
1/2 cup chopped nuts or raisins, optional
It’s hard to believe that it only has 1/2 cup of almond meal flour in the whole loaf.
Simply mix up the simple ingredients, which takes about 5 minutes by the way, and pop it in the oven for about an hour. Your house will smell scrumptious too!
How to Make Gluten Free Banana Bread
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
Grease a loaf pan.
Then add in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
Pour your batter in greased loaf pan.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Remove from oven and flip the bread onto a cooling rack.
Slice and ENJOY!!
My only regret is that I didn’t make two loaves! I will be buying more bananas this week to purposely let over ripen so I can make more.
More Recipes to Use Ripe Bananas:
- Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Banana Rhubarb Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars
The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 4 bananas approx 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites or 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter other nut butters will work too - sunflower seed, macadamia nut, etc
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup almond meal flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 scoop of protein powder optional
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or raisins optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a loaf pan
- Combine the bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and coconut oil (or butter) in a mixing bowl and mix well with a hand-mixer)
- Then add in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
- Pour your batter in greased loaf pan
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and flip the bread onto a cooling rack.
- Slice and ENJOY!!
Inspired by Civilized Caveman Cooking