These Grape Jelly Ketchup Meatballs are a long-time favorite appetizer to serve at your next party. Who knew simply combining jelly and ketchup together would make such an incredible sauce.
A couple of weeks ago my daughter was at one of her best friends house and she had the “most amazing” meatballs. So, of course, I had to call and get the recipe. She kind of laughed and told me what the ingredients were I knew right away why they were such a hit.
They are so similar to our saucy meatballs. But I have never made them with “ketchup” and jelly. They have a completely different taste and so delicious!
What’s great is that you can make your own meatballs or use frozen cocktail meatballs and to your slow cooker and it’s all set.
You can also swap the ketchup for Heinz Chili Sauce or your favorite barbecue sauce if desired.
How to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs
Mix jelly and ketchup together.
Mix ground beef, eggs, garlic powder, pepper and almond flour (or bread crumbs) together well.
Form meat mixture into balls a little smaller than a golf ball.
Pour about half of the jelly/ketchup mixture into the bottom of a slow cooker.
Place meatballs in a slow cooker.
Pour the remaining jelly/ketchup mixture on top of the meatballs.
Cover and cook for about 4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
Meatballs in Jelly Ketchup Sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 pounds lean grass fed ground beef
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs or almond meal flour for gluten free
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix jelly and ketchup together.1 cup grape jelly, 1 cup ketchup
- Mix ground beef, eggs, garlic powder, pepper and bread crumbs together well.2 pounds lean grass fed ground beef, 3 large eggs, ¾ cup breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Form meat mixture into balls a little smaller than a golf ball.
- Pour about half of the jelly/ketchup mixture into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining jelly/ketchup mixture on top of the meatballs.
- Cover and cook for about 4 hours on high or 6=7 hours on low.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected