Mummy Rice Krispie treats are the cutest, easy Halloween treats with just 5 ingredients. It’s a fun homemade Rice Krispie treat that uses melted white chocolate as the mummy wrap and little candy eyes.
Looking for more easy halloween desserts? These Halloween sugar cookies are another fun treat for Halloween parties. These candy corn Rice Krispies and this Halloween fudge are both easy to make and such a a hit too!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox! (plus more new recipes sent weekly!)
Table of contents
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Rice Krispies treats are always a favorite and making this no-bake Halloween recipe is so simple for taking to a school party or make for your own Halloween bash.
Butter – Unsalted or salted butter both work for this recipe. If you use unsalted add just a sprinkle of salt into the mixture to help elevate the flavor of these treat bars.
Rice Krispies Cereal – This crunchy cereal is the base of these gooey bars.
White Chocolate Melts – I used white candy melts for drizzling over the top of each of the rectangle mummies.
Candy Eyes – Find these candy eyes in the baking aisle at the grocery store. They are the perfect candy eyeballs for these Rice Krispies treat bars.
1. Use white chocolate chips in replace of candy melts. I recommend tempering your chocolate or adding in 1 teaspoon of shortening or coconut oil to the chocolate. This will help the chocolate set up and harden.
2. Add food coloring to add some colors to the treats.
3. Use any color of candy coating to drizzle on these rice krispie mummies if you want to add some color. Just add the melted chocolate in a bag and cut a tiny corner of the bag so you can drizzle the chocolate easily over the treats.
4. Place the mummy treats on lollipop sticks to create a lollipop-style treat. Just add a little of the melted chocolate onto the tip of the stick. Then press it into the bottom of the rice Krispie treat to help it stay in place.
5. Use white chocolate and black candy melts to make the eyes instead of candy eyeballs for the themed treats.
6. You can use large or mini marshmallows. Or if you’d like use flavored marshmallow for added flavor.
7. Mix in some seasonal M&Ms, crushed Oreo cookies, seasonal sprinkles, and more to the marshmallow treats for added flavor.
8. Use store-bought Rice Krispie treats instead of making homemade as the base for this treat.
9. Add a small splash of vanilla extract to the batter when the marshmallows are fully melted. Give a good stir and then mix in cereal. It will sweeten up the treats even more.
How to Make This Rice Krispies Mummy Halloween Treat
Step 1 – Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Step 2 – In a large pot, add the marshmallows and butter and heat on medium low heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula being careful not to burn.
Step 3 – Once the the mixture is fully melted, remove from the heat and fold in the cereal.
Step 4 – Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press it gently down into the pan. Let the rice krispies cool set for 30 minutes to an hour.
Slice into rectangles once the bars are set.
Step 5 – Then in a microwave safe bowl melt add the white candy wafers and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir and repeat for 30 seconds again. Stir until completely melted.
Step 6 – Place melted chocolate in a piping bag or zip closure plastic baggie. Snip a tip off of a corner and drizzle back and forth over each treat to give that layered mummy bandages look.
Add candy eyes, and let the bars set before serving.
- Add cooking spray to your hands and use your hands to press the bars into the pan. This helps ensure they are firmly pressed without getting a gooey mixture on your hands.
- I recommend lining your pan with parchment paper or wax paper before you pour the bars into the pan. This makes it easy to remove the treats from the pan so you can slice and decorate a lot easier.
- Don’t press the treats too hard into the pan or it can make the treats extra chewy.
- If you want to add festive sprinkles add it quickly after you add the melted chocolate. The chocolate sets up quickly.
- You can melt the chocolate in a double boiler or use a microwave-safe bowl. Be very careful not to overheat the candy or it will seize and become thick and unusable
These treats can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper between the layers to prevent them from sticking together. This is a perfect easy recipe you can even make a day ahead of when you want to eat these bars.
You can also freeze any of the treat bars you do not plan to eat right away. Freeze for 3-4 months. Then you can eat the treats frozen or let them thaw for a few hours on the counter.
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounces white chocolate melts
- 24 candy eyes
- Spray a 9×13 dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the butter and melt over medium heat.3 tablespoons butter
- Add the marshmallows and continue stirring until the marshmallows are melted, careful not to burn.6 cups miniature marshmallows
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in the cereal, stirring until the cereal is completely coated with the melted marshmallows.6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and press it down with the back of a wooded spoon or your fingers.
- Let it set for about an hour.
- Then cut the mixture into 12 rectangles on a cooling rack with parchment underneath (or on a rectangle cutting board or platter)
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the candy melts and heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir then heat for another 30 seconds.10 ounces white chocolate melts
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Add the melted candy to a piping bag or plastic zip closure baggie and cut off a corner.
- Drizzle the chocolate back and forth over the rectangle treats to mimic the look of mummy dressings.
- Add candy eyes and allow the chocolate has set completely.24 candy eyes
Add in halloween colored M&M’s.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected