This Orzo Pasta Salad with roasted corn and sliced cherry tomatoes has loads of delicious flavors from simply adding fresh herbs and garlic and tossing with a fabulous light lemony sauce.
This orzo salad is a twist on traditional pasta salads with using orzo pasta (instead of elbow or rotini macaroni) and no mayo. It is always a hit at any potlucks and barbecues! This Italian Pasta Salad is another favorite of mine too!
This pasta salad is another incredibly simple side dish to make and wow anyone who eats it. I love the extra flavor that sautéing garlic and then roasting the corn before adding it to the orzo pasta, tomatoes, and fresh basil.
The sauce is so light but full of flavor. It’s a simply olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice for the perfect blend. You could even add feta cheese for an even bolder flavor.
I made it ahead of time for our Summer camping trip this weekend. I like to serve it with our favorite Italian grilled chicken and some slices of watermelon for a simple, healthy meal.
How to Make This Pasta Salad Recipe
Cook the orzo pasta according to package directions.
Drain and set aside to cool.
Add 1 tablespoons oil to a large skillet, add garlic and saute over medium-high heat,and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add corn and saute 3 more minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large bowl combine orzo, tomatoes and basil. Stir well.
Then add in cooled corn and garlic
In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Serve at room temperature.
Be sure to try these other hearty salad recipes too:
Roasted Corn Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb of frozen corn or 2 cups of fresh cooked corn
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb of orzo pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Orzo pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil to a large skillet, add garlic and saute over medium-high heat,and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add corn and saute 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine orzo, tomatoes and basil stir well.
- Then add in cooled corn and garlic mixture
- In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected