These strawberry cream cheese crescent rolls are made quickly and easily with the convenience of store-bought rolls and a super simple filling of sweet strawberries and cream cheese!
This is an amazing crescent roll dessert that really hits the spot when you’re needing to satisfy a sweet craving or want to make a little sweet treat for your kids as an after-school snack. Strawberry Banana Oatmeal bars and Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are two other quick and easy kid-friendly treats that my whole family loves.
Table of contents
Easy Crescent Roll Dessert Recipe
I love these cream cheese crescent rolls because they remind me a bit of a cream cheese danish recipe, but way easier to make at home. There’s nothing at all complicated about this recipe, which only adds to the appeal! A soft flaky crescent rolls are filled with a delicious fresh berries and cream cheese mixture makes mornings a little extra special, whether you’re enjoying them for breakfast or brunch. They’re also great for having with an afternoon tea or even an easy dessert. I like to serve them warm with a scoop of ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream if that’s the case!
This simple recipe uses a tube of dough, a quick and easy sweet strawberry and cream cheese filling, and a bake time of 15 minutes. It really doesn’t get any easier than that. Sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar at the end for good measure!
Crescent Rolls vs Croissants
They both have a very similar look, which is maybe why people mistake them to be the same thing. They’re not! Crescent refers to a shape, and to make things even more confusing so does the French word croissant. The difference is in how they are made and what they actually are. A crescent roll is made from a light and fluffy bread dough which is rolled into its signature shape. A croissant is a light buttery pastry dough, that has layers upon layers of dough that creates a very flaky end result. You know the one!
Why we love this recipe:
- Quick and easy and ready in under 30 minutes.
- Budget-friendly because each component is inexpensive and things many of us already have on hand.
- Customizable to whichever flavor of jam you prefer.
- Versatile because it can be eaten for breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Delicious. Who doesn’t love strawberry cream cheese-filled anything?!
- Similar to these Nutella crescent rolls. If you love chocolate, you’ll love these!
- Crescent rolls – This recipe uses 1 tube of 8 rolls, but you can easily double or triple the recipe for more.
- Cream cheese – It doesn’t matter what kind, just as long as it’s softened to room temperature and ready to mix well.
- Powdered sugar – Will be used to add sweetness to the filling and to dust on top.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla is always a nice warming flavor that brings flavors together.
- Strawberry jam – Your favorite jam is all you need. You can also use strawberry preserves as well.
- Fresh strawberries – Diced strawberries will add fresh strawberry flavor and a bit of texture to the filling.
How to Make this Recipe
This recipe will come together in a few simple steps. They’ll be done before everyone wakes up!
Step 1: Preheat the oven, dice the strawberries and open the can of crescent rolls, and the jar of jam, and lay the rolls out individually on a prepared baking sheet.
Step 2: Mix cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar together until smooth.
Step 3: Spread an even layer of cream cheese mixture across the top of each triangle of the crescent dough, followed by the jam. Top with the diced strawberries just at the wider end of the triangle.
Step 4: Starting at the wide end, roll the triangle into a crescent, making sure the tip is on the top.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes before dusting with a little powdered sugar, if desired. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
1: Add chopped pecans or walnuts in with the diced strawberries for a little extra crunch.
2: Drizzle with melted chocolate chips for an even more decadent dessert.
3. For a different flavor, try using another fruit spread, or pie filling. Apricot, raspberry, blueberry, or even apple butter, would be great too.
4. For a savory crescent rolls option, fill with herb and garlic cream cheese, scrambled eggs and bacon, shredded chicken, and melty cheddar, you name it.
- To prevent the fillings from oozing out, make sure the small triangle end is on the top of the rolled-up croissant.
- To soften cream cheese quickly, remove the foil and place it in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- Use ⅓ less fat cream cheese, if desired.
- For a nice golden brown finish, brush crescent rolls with melted butter prior to baking.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream (or both) for an extra special treat.
Once completely cooled, store them in a plastic sealed bag or airtight container. They should keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
A quick heat of 10-12 seconds in the microwave to warm them back up is all you need, especially if you’re just warming one or two at a time. If you’re reheating a bigger batch, you can pop them in the oven on low heat until just heated through.
Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- 8 refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- ½ cup fresh strawberries diced
- Additional powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Dice strawberries into small pieces.
- Lay out crescent roll dough triangles on a baking sheet
- Spoon about one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture onto each triangle and spread evenly.
- Next, spoon about a teaspoon of jam onto each triangle and carefully spread on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Then spoon about a tablespoon of diced strawberries onto the large end of the triangle.
- Starting at the large end, gently roll each triangle all the down to the tip.
- Make sure the small triangle tip is on the top of the roll.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar
- Then transfer to a wire cooling rack.