This Avocado Chicken Salad is a simple and lighter version that is perfectly seasoned for the most amazing flavor!
Using avocado in this chicken salad instead of mayo gives you the creaminess you want without the quilt. I have avoided chicken salad for so long because of the mayonnaise. Not any longer!
Did you now that June is National Fruits and Vegetables Month. It is the perfect time to eat more fruits and vegetables, especially fresh avocados as the role they can play in achieving a healthy diet
During the summer, I love to make simple, healthy lunches that I can eat quickly and on the go. This avocado chicken salad is so, so SPECTACULAR and full of flavor. Seriously, I might just eat it every day!
Avocados contain naturally good monounsaturated fat and are cholesterol-free. The naturally good fats found in avocados are such an important part of our diet because they contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients!
They are so versatile to use in so many ways! Not only for guacamole or in salads, but also in great recipes like these:
Then adding the Greek yogurt and lemon juice gives the little tang you get with mayo. The lemon juice also keeps the avocado from turning brown quickly.
Like this Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad, you can use a rotisserie chicken which makes it even faster to whip up with an even more delicious flavor. I use my food processor to shred it as well. 10 seconds or less is perfect.
How to Make Avocado Chicken Salad
Place chicken, avocado, red onion and celery in a mixing bowl.
Mash the avocado and mix with other ingredients until combined well.
Add the greek yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Serve on sandwich bread, pita or lettuce wrap.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Need ideas for a light lunch? Try these other wonderful salad recipes too:
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 Tablespoon red onion or green onion chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice more if desired
- 2 Tablespoons of plain fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken, avocado and red onion in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado and mix with other ingredients until combined well.
- Add the lemon juice, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well
- Serve on sandwich bread, pita or lettuce wrap.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This post was sponsored by the Hass Avocado Board as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.