These easy baked Sweet Potato Fries are a low calorie, healthy side dish. They are tossed in oil and seasonings and oven baked for the perfect amount of crispiness.
The key to making the best sweet potato fries is to make sure they are not touching each other on your baking sheet. If they are overlapping at all, they will let off steam and turn out much softer. Use two baking sheets if you need to.
Also, using parchment paper on the baking sheet as well will help ensure the much desired crispiness.
You can even play around with the seasoning you like too. Replace the garlic and paprika with cinnamon and a little nutmeg. I like to put the spices on after the fries have cookied so the spices don’t burn.
Homemade baked sweet potato fries are not going to be quite as crispy as oil fried versions. But they are a wonderful, low calorie alternative.
Serve these healthy sweet potatoes fries alongside any of these healthy main dish recipes:
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place sliced potatoes in a medium sized bowl and add the olive oil.
Toss to coat.
Spread evenly on a baking sheet, making sure they are not touching.
Bake for 15 minutes until brown.
Then flip with a spatula
Bake for an additional for approx. 10 -15 more minutes untl desired crispiness.
Sprinkle the spices over the cooked fries.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place sliced potatoes in a medium sized bowl and add the olive oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet, making sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes until brown.
- Then flip with a spatula
- Bake for an additional for approx. 10 -15 more minutes untl desired crispiness.
- Sprinkle the spices over the cooked fries.