Make these Healthy Stuffed Mushrooms for your next party or get together. They are packed with spinach and feta with a little balsamic for scrumptious flavors!
There is something about delicious stuffed mushrooms at any get together that has me hovering over them.
I have mentioned before my love of anything mushroom, garlic, onion, and spinach. My favorite egg white scramble, or this Spinach Mushroom quinoa and Chicken Spinach Mushroom Spaghetti Squash all have those fabulous flavors.
So, why not stuff a mushroom cap with them and serve them as a great appetizer, right? Minus the bread crumbs and butter to make them extra healthy and easily gluten-free. They are also a perfect keto option!
They are probably one of the easiest appetizers to make too. Just sauté the onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Add the spinach and a little balsamic vinegar and then a tad of feta cheese to complete those wonderful flavors.
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place mushrooms on a baking sheet.
Cut up 2 of the mushrooms into diced pieces. (or remove stems from mushrooms and cut into small diced pieces.
In a medium skillet add oil, onion, garlic, diced mushrooms and saute until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
Add spinach and balsamic vinegar and saute until wilted.
Remove from heat and add the feta cheese
Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
ENJOY warm or cold.
Try these other healthy Appetizer recipes too:
Healthy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 12 stuffing mushrooms or mushrooms with stems
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups baby spinach cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of low fat feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut up 2 of the mushrooms into diced pieces. (or remove stems from mushrooms and cut into small diced pieces.
- In a medium skillet add oil, onion, garlic, diced mushrooms and saute until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add spinach and balsamic vinegar and saute until wilted.
- Remove from heat and add the feta cheese
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture, placing on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- ENJOY warm or cold.